Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to vent after my day out with my kids and baby...I will never understand why people teach their kids not to judge people by their looks but will teach a child to fear a dog just by what it looks like...some guy kicked my dog today because he thought she was a pitty...I mean WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!! she was walking becide the stroller and he came up and said those kinda dogs should be shot on the spot...I said what kida dog? one who loves these kids and is the kindest most loving dog you could meet and then he kicked her....I freeked out and punched him...a couple times to be truthfull :( and i called the cops when they showed up i got into trouble because they tried to say she was pitty and were going to take her out and put her down my daughter wo is 3 years old is freeking out that her buddy is going to be killed..I freeked out some more and being pregnant they put me in the back of the cop car!!!!!!! the guy who kicked my dog was let go told oh don't do it again he laughed at me saying now your dog will get what it deserves grrrr....stupid me i again went after him...so ofcourse i am in big trouble my kids are freeked right out and they tried to take baby away....Thank god another boxer owner came out and told the cops what happend and that she was purebreed boxer and had pictures to prove that he was also a boxer owner and that he knew what he was talking about.....What makes me even more mad is the vet signed the township licence tag saying she was boxer and when they looked it up they would have seen that!!!! I was so mad i asked the cop if he could read and if he was retarted yha i have a big mouth....So the guy who came forward was alowed to take baby to his house for a 30 day quentine what the frigg that is about i have no idea they let me off with a couple charges do to the fact i am preg and very emtional and i have to pay $500 fine i am so pissed i have called my lawyer and talk to him about all this and he think i have a good case against the cop and township....The guy is being charged with crulity to animals and will face up to $1000 fine from the humane society because he was cought on tape abusing an animal which is a crminal offence so he might get some jail tim but probbly just probation and the fine so mad i want to scream....I do send thanks to the people who came forward and helped me and the one lady who thought baby was so cute in her swearter and winter coat boots and leg warmers she was video taping....I realy wish i could educate these hillbilly!!!! on dogs and why they do the things they do!!! and why some people should be the ones we are scared of not dogs!!!! Thanks for listing to me ranting just so mad my baby wont be home for 30 days and my kids are still crying well we are all still upset but my kids are taking it prity hard anyway thnks!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
OMG that's terrible, I am sorry to hear that you got in trouble for standing up for what is right... But I hope that guy gets into alot more trouble then you have... that is just terrible... I hope that you can at least go see your dog during the next month.. Good luck with everything.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i am very sorry to hear what happened. i am having some trouble understanding why they took your dog away. if your dog did not do anything  malicious, then why are they taking her away from you? it should'nt matter if she was a rottweiler or a pittbull or a boxer. if i am understanding your story correctly (?) your dog did not do anything. please keep me posted on what happens and i am so sorry for all your troubles and don't worry baby will be home soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope baby didn't do a darn thing in fact she was looking at my daughter licking her face to calm her down when he kicked her and even when he kicked her she just yelped and came between my legs to get away from him and when i went after the guy she stayed right with the kids as my yongest son was in the stroller crying and she was trying to get him calmed down and when the cop grabed her she just waged her stub and went along nicely....The reason they gave me why they took her is because the guy said she tried to bite him...wich all the people who coame to her's and mine defence told the cop she didn't try to bite him!!! but a report was mad to the humane society so she has to be put in quarentine thank god i knew the guy who also ownes boxers and he agreed to take her in as we figured she would get treated pritty badly and their is always the thing where she was put down by mistake so he bargend with the cop to have her at his house and thank god they agreed but i miss my baby so much!!!! and the kids just keep asking when she is comming home my oldest son dossent even know yet he is going to be so upset when he gets home from school!!! and no i am not alowed to visit baby that is one of the stipulation on her... but the guy said if he was just so happing to take her for a walk and we happen to be on the same path what can he do if the kids run over to her lol...that is the only happy thing so far not to sure what the guy is going to get still waitng for cops to call back and humanie society...sry for speeling still kinda shook up and upset.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I can't believe that, I don't know what I would do without Duke either, your poor kids.  I hope that guy gets the max sentence.  That is so aweful, if you dog wasn't doing anything it shouldn't matter what kind of dog it is.  I am so sorry and I hope your baby gets to come home soon.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
sully\";p=\"48161 said:
Wow.  Suddenly I'm reconsidering my plan to move to Canada.
hahaha canada isnt bad. in fact i know people that still get pitts because they love them and everyone that has ever met Maverick knew right away he was a boxer. I dont know how idiots mix the two breeds up. Still it is only the province of Ontario that i know of that has the pitt ban which breaks my bf's heart.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
How awful, so sorry to hear this happened to you; I sure hope he gets the stiffist penalty they can give them.  He is kind of stupid anyway to kick a strange dog whether or not it was a pit :doh:.  As for the cop, if they have laws then they should be educated to know the difference between breeds :evil:  I don't understand the quarantine either since there was no biting and to a citizen, that is weird.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup i live in ontario just out side peterbourgh in a small hick minnig town called marmora .... i wish i could move out!!!!.....she was accused of biteing him and because no one could say 100% that she didn't try to bite him she has to be sent away and i just got a call from the humane socoiety they said part of this quaentine is to put her through a couple test to see if she is agressive towards other dogs and people i just hope what happend today dosen't affect her performance during the test!!! omg so upset again i don't know what i am going to do if they say she is agressive and have to put her down!!!!!!! how can itell my kids about this!!!! if anyone has any idea how to fight this please help me please!!!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I live in windsor. there are more people and a lot of boxers i see walking on the streets but the only one around here is an older dog that doesnt like my puppy lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i also dont understand why he has to be quarantined... especially for a month!!!!!  I have a rottweiler and i hate ignorant people that freak out and cant believe that own something that is so vicious... R U KIDDING ME... she is like the sweetest thing.

I have a really big mouth too and i prolly would have done what u did... i know i would have hit the guy if he hit my dog.  Does your boxer have a long tail cause if not then i would definitely call the ppl retarded and tell them to look up what a pit is.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
so i am a slow typer an saw what was written about the quarantine... in Indiana the dog has to actually break skin to be quarantined and it is only for 10 day

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
hopefully since you have evidence that baby did nothing wrong, they will be able to move things along and  she can come home sooner that 30 days.that guy should also be charged with making a false report, since baby did not try to bite him.i am keeping baby and your family in my thoughts. that really is terrible thing.at least she is in a home with an exprienced boxer owner and other boxers. i really don't understand people sometimes, i just have such a hard time figuring out what drives a person to come up to a dog and kick it! baby will be home in no time i am sure. please keep me updated on what happens.

·
Registered
526 Posts
same here in Texas, the animal has to break the skin and its a 10 day quarantine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope she is croped they said that because she is a tigger striped brindal mistakes like that can happen well unless you are stupid the face is different the body is different and yha because their is a law that states no pitty's alowed in town with out muzzles? yha my lawyer is ont he phone telling me their is no law in this town forbidding pitty's just as long as they have a muzzle on its fine but baby is all boxer!!! HOW CAN YOU MISTAKE THAT!!! SHE HAS THE BOXER FACE NOSE LIPS FOR GOD SAKES!!!! GRR SO MAD!!!! here is a pic of her and the two older kids how can that be a pitty!! or agressive if i showed what the first people did to her you would cry!!! and she still is the most love able dog ever!!!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q6/a ... ure024.jpg

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
that is ridiculus... she has the token boxer look...its amazing... some ppl

I was at petsmart yesterday w/ dungy... who is only 11 weeks and a 4 year old came up to me and said is this a boxer... i mean if a 4 year old could tell... and dungy is white which confuses ppl

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
So a pregnant woman out for a walk with the family dog and her kids in a stroller is attacked by a strange man, and the police side with him?  And I thought the cops here were idiots.  

I can't believe anyone can say a dog tried to bite them with no evidence and they just take the dog away.  That's ridiculous.  By that logic, you can say someone tried to punch you and they should go to jail.  Who needs evidence?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Soccergk1987\";p=\"48178 said:
so i am a slow typer an saw what was written about the quarantine... in Indiana the dog has to actually break skin to be quarantined and it is only for 10 day
also a slow typer :D   there isn't any evidence  that the guy was bitten. i am guessing the chances of a dog trying to bite you if you kick it are probably pretty high. good for baby that she reacted so calmly to the situation. sumya is very sensitive about how strangers approach sometimes. i know for a fact that if some one came up to me and sumya when i had my daughter with me and was putting out all that bad energy, and then kicked her... for sure it would be all i could do to get her off of that person. baby will do just fine, don't worry.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
babygirl\";p=\"48181 said:
nope she is croped they said that because she is a tigger striped brindal mistakes like that can happen well unless you are stupid the face is different the body is different and yha because their is a law that states no pitty's alowed in town with out muzzles? yha my lawyer is ont he phone telling me their is no law in this town forbidding pitty's just as long as they have a muzzle on its fine but baby is all boxer!!! HOW CAN YOU MISTAKE THAT!!! SHE HAS THE BOXER FACE NOSE LIPS FOR GOD SAKES!!!! GRR SO MAD!!!! here is a pic of her and the two older kids how can that be a pitty!! or agressive if i showed what the first people did to her you would cry!!! and she still is the most love able dog ever!!!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q6/a ... ure024.jpg

OMG !!!!!!!  8O  a boxer for sure! no mistake about it. "stupid is as stupid does"

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
yea youre right the law isnt that pitts cant exist it's a ban on the breeding of new pitts and all pitts that were born before the ban must be lisenced as a restricted dog and wear a muzzle? in public at all times. Basically theyre trying to ween out pitts over time which is terrible.

I hope you get your dog back soon she looks nothing like a pitt and she is adorable. looks very sweet and forgive me but your town sounds mental. lol.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts