Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that Rudy has settled in.  After the first night, Ringer decided to get his groove on and put Rudy in his place and after interrupting it a couple dozen times, I let him finish and hoped that would be the end of it.  Nope.  They play fine, I feed Ringer first, let him out of his crate first and try to pet and praise him first too.  The last one is hard since he isn't very affectionate.  He takes a quick butt rub and runs off but Rudy will stay right there and wiggle for me all day and take loving like it's going out of style.  He also cleans Ringer's ears and mends any wounds created during play.  Fast forward a couple days and I wake up so heavy breathing and grunting and what do I see.  Rudy giving it to Ringer and Ringer is just standing there and taking it.  I feel like I'm in an episode of Oz.  When the playing stops and I hear the breathing I never know who will be the pitcher but the catcher doesn't seem to care so much.  I hope this will end soon.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO....I'm sorry Dan, I couldn't help but laugh at that...Ringer is very laid back anyways right? I know Buck used to allow Tia to mount him, wouldn't do a thing..I'm the one that would holler at her and tell her to quit..It does sound like Rudy is trying to establish his dominence in the pack and as Ringer is soo easy going, he really doesn't care! If it really bothers Ringer, he will do something for sure....

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Talia has had this issue with Mateo.  It rarely happens anymore but I have worked on this issue.  I am the pack leader, not another dog, and I tell her to get "off" Mateo when it happens.  All I need to do now is give "the look" and she gets down.  

Nano

1 - 6 of 6 Posts