Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say that I dont know how you guys that live where it snows do it.

Last night it got down to 34 where I live (brrrrrr   freezing :) ) and this morning there was ice on the ground.  Nothing major just the kind that makes the grass crunch when you walk on it.

This was the first time Fiona has experienced this and I must say that it was the greatest thing.  I laughed at her until i had tears in my eyes.

She was doing what looked like a tip-e-toe accross the grass, like she was trying to walk on her toenails and it was sooooo funny!!!!!!!

I guess these Southern dogs just dont get it.......But, once she finally made it out to go to the bathroom and made it back inside she did the biggest burn around the house like the cold air put a spring in her step :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Haha! I love it! It was in the 50's here this morning. I know, I know, big deal right! Well, it is to us that live in the tropics! Brrrr....Anywho, Maddie went out and it looked like she had grown a winter coat! Her fur got all fluffy and she was burning around the yard for a good 5 minutes. So funny, I couldn't imagine her in the snow!  8O

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Sharon, we had major frost this morning as well (27 degrees)...Mine seem to love it....Samson acts like someone put something extra in his morning kibble, trots down the driveway with ease, Angel, walks across the lawn like it's no big deal....They are having a ball....I would dearly love to see how they would do in snow...Someone want to send some for my kiddos to play in?  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wish you had been able to get pictures of her tip toeing, it sounds so cute.  We are going to get another 3 to 4" tonight, at least it won't be the freezing stuff but the powdery snow that Kiah loves to play in.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
When I lived in New Orleans, Houston, and AL (it was northern Alabama so it wasn't quite as bad), I could never get used to the humidity or going outside at 10:00 at night and still have it 80 degrees, it was like walking into a furnace.  I suppose it is what you get used to.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
it is friggin freezing in NY!  i was outside waiting for the train for about 5 minutes... and my ears felt like they were already about to fall off!

·
Registered
202 Posts
hahahaha!!! yes tucker is experiencing the cold/snow/ice/sleet for the first time, and I must say he hates it! I think he will hate it until we get a decent snow fall where he can romp and play in it... But it is so funny! Have you ever seen the small dogs pick up their hind end and walk on their two front paws, like chiwawa's. Well tucker tries to do that when he walks on the cold grass!! it is way too funny, because his butt is too heavy and his front end isnt strong enough to support himself like that. So instead of just walking like a normal pup he pops his hind end up in the air then back down then back up then back down! LOL then he might try walking on three legs, picking a different foot up every time! it is so freakin funny!

But I used to live down in FL and 34 degrees is definitely cold for you guys!!! (man its cold for me, and now I live where it snows.... :( )

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We had an ice storm this weekend, I neglected to get ice melt for my sidewalks.  When we got up in the morning Duke needed to go outside, I felt so bad but it was so funny.  He couldn't walk he just kept sliding and landing on his tush.  He slowly turned around and came back inside and just looked at me like "seriously".  So I got some table salt and made him a path to the grass but the look on his face when he first when out there was priceless.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"55550 said:
I must say that I dont know how you guys that live where it snows do it.

Last night it got down to 34 where I live (brrrrrr   freezing :) ) and this morning there was ice on the ground.  Nothing major just the kind that makes the grass crunch when you walk on it.

This was the first time Fiona has experienced this and I must say that it was the greatest thing.  I laughed at her until i had tears in my eyes.

She was doing what looked like a tip-e-toe accross the grass, like she was trying to walk on her toenails and it was sooooo funny!!!!!!!

I guess these Southern dogs just dont get it.......But, once she finally made it out to go to the bathroom and made it back inside she did the biggest burn around the house like the cold air put a spring in her step :)
THAT WAS SO ODIN THIS MORNING!!!! He's tip-e-toed a couple of other times when it's 'SUPER' cold to him! Then ran in the house and did a massive boxer burn! OH I LOVED IT! Sarah too... she was just CRACKING UP!

I'm not use to the humidity here yet!! Honeslty, I hate it!! But I'm sure I'll adjust. I grew up in Southwest Texas so the summers there were easily in the 100's but it was DRY HEAT! You had to EARN your SWEAT!! lol I remember walking out on the flight line when I worked out at the base there and the thermometer said 135!!! You know the concrete and just pure SUN!! He could see the "heat waves" coming off the flight line!! I hate walking out and feeling like I've been hit by a cloud of STEAM!

I also LOVED the 7 degree winters at Vance AFB in OK!! I wouldn't want the snow for as long as the northern states get it... but I thought Okiehoma was a good neutral! I LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: i was 90 here yesterday and HOT..like every other day :roll: ..its jsut not right at xmas time when you are from Mass and used to the snow and fun and cold..although growing up there i hated being cold haha...liked the snow hated to BE cold..which you cant get around unless you cover yourself head to toe..

the only way you know its winter in hawaii is the surf triples....we go from 4-6 foot waves to 20-30 foot surf which was last week and UNREAL..(ps we dont surf that lmao)

we got our tree last night and its SO weird to have an xmas tree and have the windows open or the ac on ..we try to leave the windows open at night for the air..but some nights you cant its still too hot..

im greatful for our time in hawaii but ill be happy to leave so we can jsut pack up and drive with kids and dogs to my parents house on cape cod for holidays..

G

·
0 Posts
how long are you gonna be in Hawaii Ky?

I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember reading or watching Call of the Wild..and it stated that medium/large dogs do better in a cold climate..it's better for them..so maybe that's why Samson has a spring to his step, lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I can say I am jealous this last week it was 7-10 degrees and with the wind chill one day it was -12.. I can say that today is nice though it is 54 and that is like summer coming out of the weather we just had. Montana gets a lot of snow and stays cold for way to long.  One day it could be 70 the next it could snow our weather is horrible here.  I wish I had never seen snow.  Titan on the other hand the first time he saw it I walked out side got his feet in it and turned around trying to come back in side but I made him go to the bathroom and after he got out in it he really didn't mind it.  He to runs crazy when we get the first snow when it is fluffy.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Oh haha we get crazy snow here!! We got 11 inches last night alone! And its snowing more now..I'm gonna post some pics...Sadie went crazy and she wouldn't potty because she was leg deep in the white stuff  8O

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Jamie, you very well could be right...You would think that the cold would bother him more, but doesn't seem to be that way...This morning I saw him gallop up the driveway chasing Marq in the truck.....I haven't seen that for a couple years...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts