Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going for another skin scraping today for demodex.  The past 3 scrapings have all had dead mites, but any evidence of mites is a positive test.  If this one comes back positive, I believe we're going to get some mitaban as well.  We're all just getting worried this might be a chronic thing for Cooper.  Right when he was starting to get better, he did hit puberty so that may have caused a flare-up.  Hopefully, the neutering will normalize his hormones and help the medicine kick-in.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
good luck Cooper!! you have come a long way!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
ahh it sounds like you both have been through a lot keep us updated - hope all goes well - tails and fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Good luck Cooper! Fingers and Paws crossed for good news!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hoping for a clean scrape, good luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was clean!!!  I've got to keep him on the ivermectin for a couple months and this could very well be a chronic thing. Just glad to finally have a negative scraping.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:dance:  So happy to hear the scrape came back negative!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Yayyyy Cooper! Congrats on the results :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is great!!! Finally....I think in honor of that we need to see how Coop is looking these days....Hint hint  :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
48Dodge\";p=\"112270 said:
it was clean!!!  I've got to keep him on the ivermectin for a couple months and this could very well be a chronic thing. Just glad to finally have a negative scraping.
woooohooooo! thats awesome news!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That is great news!!!!!!! It is a long hard fight with that stuff (demo) that is why you find so many rescue dogs with it....alot of people dont want to stick it out :)
Great job to both of you!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts