Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vega has had the runs for about a week now. The pumpkin mixed with her food helped a bit. Usually the first defication of the day but the rest vary from complete watery to the consistancy of soft serve. I switched her to rice and ground beef for he past two days and that has gotten rid of the wateryfeces but still has a very soft feces. We dropped off a stool sample for testing this morning and I am a bit worried.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Re: Wish Vea some luck

Fingers and paws crossed here from me and Maddie that you get a good report back from the vet!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Re: Wish Vega some luck

Kiah had that too after she drank some standing water, they didn't find anything in her poo but gave her some medicine for a week and she was just fine.  I am sure Vega will be fine but it is very scary to think something might be wrong with them.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for Vega and hope you find out what's causing it.  Sophie has had that problem from time to time lately, but I think it's because she keeps getting into the cat's food.  She is small enough to go into the little "cat house" and grab a bite or two if the cat's not around and it's making me nuts.  So I'm waiting anxiously to hear what you find out.  Hope it's nothing and that you get it under control quickly.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Ahhhh, poor Vega, keeping her in my thoughts and hoping it isn't anything serious.....

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Dr. B just called and said no parasites, no ghiardia. eE said that most likely it's  a Bacterial infection and is giving me some meds for that. To feed Vega her regular food and add pumpkin or cottage cheese to it to firm it back up. So hopefully this will get her better :)  YAY!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hopefully she will get back right!!!!  A good dose of Metronidazole would fix her up  :D  That and staying away from dead animals :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D awww yaaaa Vega..thats great im glad theres nothing wrong..hoping she feels better soon...both Isis & Onyx do that from time to time..either eating the cats food or drinking out of a rain puddle..lol...i guess its the red dirt here that upsets their stomach..

im so glad shes ok... :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
If it was the meds Kiah was on (the one Sharon mentioned) I could see a difference in a day or so.  Glad to hear it isn't anything serious.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote="sharonL\";p=\"37361":2p6bkwi5]Hopefully she will get back right!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hope the metro cures Vega.  Charlie just finished up taking the metro last night.  He's always had funny poo in my opinion.  Typically he'll start out solid and the last 1/2 will be loose.  The metro seems to help, but I did notice yesterday that he had a loose stool one time.  Sometimes I think he forces himself to poop.  A typical day is 2 to 3 poops for our dogs.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Glad to hear it is nothing serious. I hope Vega is feeling better fast!  :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is still a bit soft but no where as bad as before. Now she is drugged up and can't eat much from her being spayed. thanks for asking!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts