Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we had to say good bye to our sweet Nash.

Through the afternoon I could see that he was starting to shake and was just looking so tired. He was having trouble even going to the bathroom and still would barely eat a thing.

We took him to a wonderfully compassionate clinic where we have taken our other boxer babes, and the experience was as compassionate and kind as previously experienced.

Nash never got nervous or scared once. He was unbelievably calm. Not like when we would go to our regular vet. He would shake so bad he could barely stand. But last night at this clinic...he was calm. And even ate half the jar of the doggie treats we were offered to give him. The most I had seen him eat in days. I am so happy that he enjoyed something.

The procedure was peaceful and quick.

But our hearts are absolutely broken.

I went to bed in tears, and the tears began as soon as I woke and Nash was not by my side. All morning I kept thinking of what I needed to do for Nash and get him outside. I kept forgetting. I had been avoiding my house all morning after I dropped my son off at school. And when I finally had to come home I sat in my vehicle in the garage. I couldn't get out. And as soon as I opened the back door, I burst in to tears. No tail wagging and wiggling boy greeting me at the door with his loving and goofy boxer grin.
The doorbell rang later, and no barking or running to the door. It is just so so so quiet in here.

My dogs have been a source of help for me with anxiety issues I am missing his support, but he gave me the most amazing love and support and never complained or was cranky or bad tempered with anybody. He just loved.

I am going to miss him deeply.

Thank you Nash, for all of your love. It never failed!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Aww I'm so sorry! He was quite handsome! Sadly many of us can relate! When I lost my Struddell ... I can remember come home from working ( the week following having to let her go) it was a busy day and I had forgotten "everything! But I was entering the house ... I put my hand on the door knob .. and it all rushed back!! I realized ... she was no longer behind the door to greet me!!

I broke down and cried!! I finally got a grip as it were and yeah ... she was no longer there to greet me. :(

But trite as it my seem, it will get better with time. And the good times will replace the end! And maybe this will help it is what my "Struddell" said to me when she was forced to leave me on life's journey.:

http://www.boxerforums.com/rainbow-bridge/127233-goodbye-baby-girl-struddell-11-25-2013-a.html

In anycase sorry for your loss. But your not your not the first one to find you way here thru a trail of tears!

Sorry for the circumstances but welcome aboard in anycase. :(

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Must say what a beautiful boy Nash was. I am so glad he was in your life and is in your heart. What a wonderful person you are for giving him the best life. Hold your memories, have a good cry and remember in our heart that you did the best for him. I know how hard it is to lose a "heart" dog.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
What a handsome boy. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful life. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories that will help you get through the days ahead. He'll always be with you in your heart.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about Nash. I know only too well the terrible sadness in losing them. My hope is that you will heal with time and be able to remember the wonderful life you had together with him and your family. He will always be part of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts