Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that boxers vary slightly but my boy is three months old and his nose is slightly larger than most. I was wondering if he would grow into it or what. I've had people tell me they believe he is part pitbull and I don't see that at all. I believe he is full blooded, I just want opinions. Also opinions on cropping his ears, should I do it or no?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Cropping ears is a personal choice..I wouldn't do it, I like my floppy ear boy..

I belive others here gave you their opinion on your last post? Anyways, I'd say get a DNA test if you really want a solid answer.. he does have a fairly long snout.. and due to backyard breeding standards are rarely followed, both parents are boxers i see but thats not to say down the road there isn't something else mixed in.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I thought this was covered in another thread? As far as the ears its a personal choice but I see no need for it myself and wouldnt

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
I thought this was covered in another thread? As far as the ears its a personal choice but I see no need for it myself and wouldnt
What "they've" said. :)

When I got my first "Boxer" I wanted cropped and docked. My wife did not want either. When we got "Struddell" the tails was done and the "ears" were "optional" at that point. It would have been an additional expense and a lot of work on my end. More that I was expecting?? Bandage changing and such and the "correct crop" needs to be done by a vet "preferably" experienced with "Boxers."

AH well ... "Struddell" was the "perfect comprise between us! The "floppy ears" suited her "perfectly" ... no regrets! My next "Boxer" will be the same. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I had asked in a previous post, I was just looking for more opinions :) thank you all for your opinion on the ears. I love them both ways and just can't decide.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well if you like both think of it this way. Why put your pup through unnecessary pain and risks of anesthesia because you like the look of something

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Dukeysmom...My boy has a docked tail and floppy ears. I love the floppy ear look though I like the crop look too but I didn't want to put him thru it for no real reason. I use to breed (undo a mentor) mini schnauzers, before I sold them at 6 1/2 - 7 weeks I had their ears cropped. I knew what was involved and not all vets are good at it, we went 2 hours to where a vet specifically knew the breed and cropped for any "show" potentials that I may have had in the litter. It was important it be done correct. There is another thread on this subject and if I recall correctly it should be done by 12 weeks of age. Taco may step in, she is a reputable breeder of boxers so I'm sure she can guide you further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts