Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a neighbor who is a big Boxer enthusiast, I know for a fact that he never put a litter on the ground ever,and he's been in Boxers for at least 35 years. He had and has some of the most beautiful boxers in my opinion.

I just found out that he Sired a litter, I asked him why? He said that it was "Right"? He started to explain saying both the Sire & Dam were to spec.
and health records were great ,long lived lines going back generations.

Saying both were fully health tested for DM vpcs thyroid hip and flow rate?
Also he said it was a total out-cross, and life was like a box of chocolates and you never know what your going to get.
I was wondering should I get a pup from this litter? But his box of chocolate quote bugs me.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Just because he has never personally had a litter does not mean he has never been involved in litters. Sounds like his dogs are thoroughly health tested and his comment about it being an outcross means no line breeding aka no inbreeding so life will be like a box of chocolates so to speak as you have no idea about type until they are on the ground growing.

If you are interested in a puppy ask him for the breeders info so you can screen them like you would any other breeder. Ask for health testing and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts