Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harvey has started a HORRIBLE thing.  He will not come to me when he is called.  This is new when he started eating (horse or cow) poop on our walks ... off leash.  Man, he is smart!  If he has a big "pie" in his mouth, he won't get near me because he knows I'll take it out of his mouth.  Well, that has turned into him not coming when called almost all the time.   :oops:   Does anyone have any help / suggestions for me.  Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Only thing I can say is that Bo and Laila ignore me too.... Other than that can't be much help, and when you find something that works, let me know.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sounds like a long lead and some back to basics with recall. Sum yummy treats and lots of practice.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yep - agree with Bumpy  - back to basics.

Just do it when he least expects it.  Like when you are watching TV (fill your pockets with treats).  call him out of the blue, when he looks at you, praise reward.  

Then once he gets that, do the "Come" command.   Do the same thing.   Praise reward when he does what you are asking.  First thing is to get name recognition and to get his full attention!

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts