Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, i got a crate for my boxer , but its been like hell trying to keep her in there., the second she gose in she starts crying .. wont stop . and am too soft hearted, keep letting her out. any quick solutions pls?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: wont stay locked ..

When i had to leave to go to work and had to put the boys in the bathroom while i was gone. Zeus would cry like crazy and he would do it till he couldnt whine anymore. I am a softy when it comes to them as well. All i can say is put her in there short periods at a time. She is just a pup and she will cry. Just fight the temptation of letting her out because if you let her out then you lose the battle. Good luck and i know it is hard to do.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Advice from a trainer:

Put her in and leave her in.  Don't give into her whining.  Make it a pleasurable experience for her!!!  Lots of treats and praise!!  Don't let her out until YOU decide its time for her to come out.  You can also cover the ccrate with a sheet or blanket, so she can't see you.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ignore the whining, as hard as it is to do, but you are just playing her game by letting her out when she whines...Boxers are smart, she's figuring out if she whines enuf, you will let her out..They will stop, gets tiring making all that noise..Lol....Just ignore her, as cruel as it sounds...Is she whining when you put her in at bedtime or is this during the day? Cos if you are there, no reason to keep her in the crate..At nite, give her a toy, maybe turn a radio on low for her and just leave the room....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hank cried alot when I first started keeping him in his crate and now after about 2 weeks of having him, I dont hear anything out of him. Just ignore her and she will stop.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I put Mia in and usually leave for about 30 min... and slowly build her up. If she whines, I'm not there to hear it, so she usually just ends up falling asleep..

I start classes again here in a month and a half and I want her use to being in there for atleast 3 hrs while I'm not home..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel gets crated when we leave the house without him.  But we dont crate him at any other time.

I'm sure eventually when he's as big as our queen size bed, I'll be kicking myself in the rear end. But for now, I enjoy the cuddling.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
[quote="Kate\";p=\"15963":nn0k2d7z]I don't know if Kane is too old to start crate training, but if he is, I guess I'm going to have to get a crate big enough for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts