Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats my two.    They have found that the spindles in my railing are really fun to chew.   So after I found two that have been chewed I was like  :eek:     So Jared and I went on a mission.  We needed to find something that they could chew instead of my spindles and trim work.

While in a mission to New Bedford, we stumbled upon the Pet Depot.   They had three foot Merrick bully sticks -
Longer Bully stick looks like a spindle.   So we tried it out - and since getting them have had no issues with the wood.   They are taken away at night, and my dog walker give it to them at noon.  Prime Time chewing.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Holy moly Heather!! Those are gi-normous :eek: My Pet Depot doesn't carry any near that big..Flicky is a wood eater, drives me nutz with all the sticks he keeps carrying in the house..That could be a dangerous weapon if you got in the way  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
:lol: See, that's what Flick does..I can always tell when he's trying to bring one inside, he makes such a ruckus going thru the doggie door...What did they think when you gave those to them?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Gotta get these - It will keep Arbie occupied for more than  two minutes!! :lol: I live in hope!!

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Holy huge bullys!!! Your babies must be in heaven. Who needs the silly spindles when they can have those, lol

G

·
0 Posts
I saw those at this pet store at the outlet mall by our house, but we didnt get them.... haha dozer and tess always try to bring huge sticks through the tiny doggy door from the back yard its pretty funny how determined they get to get they in haha

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
What a great Idea!!! I went to my local place and they only had the 12 in. ones for $4.99 Newt loves to eat sticks but of course I dont let her... wonder if I can order them that size? Thought Newt was the only one who loved to eat wood and twigs..lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am sending John on a mission to bring these home ( he is in upper state /New York ) and he thinks they have Pet Depots there. I am so sorry to ask, but what part of the country does Pet Depot sell in??..cuz they are not down here!!
Ashely as you all must remember got kicked out of my daughters for eating almost a whole dang tree!! She loves chewing on her bones, and this would be something to see her go at. She finishes the 12" bullies in about 1/2 hour...so WOW..I could keep her busy a LONG time with those baby's...
I can already see her pull the run through the door trick and jamb up

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Linda; I don't know how close you are to Houston (my TX geography sucks!) but there's a Pet Depot there. I did a google search for it. It appears to be the only one in Texas. They do have an online store, if you like shopping that way.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Houston is about 4 hours from San Antonio. :lol:   Looks like you'll hafta buy online. :)

I have seen those 3 footers at our local PetCo though.  Maybe try there.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
They aren't avavilable at all their stores, I have not seen them at mine...Angel would be in hog heaven with that :) That's a good price too Heather

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie would so love that!! DH will be in the US in January and February. I'll have to get him to bring some back with him. I wonder how customs will feel about those? 8)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Wow!! I've seen the 24 inchers but never the 3 footers! I'd hate to run into the bull those came from! :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ohhh lucky pups!! Glad you found something that works. I don't have any wood chewers in my house but Lucas the Chi had a BAD habit of chewing the carpet. Because of him we now have to replace all of the carpet in our family room. :aua:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Wow those are massive!!! Bet the pups thought it was christmas and their birthdays rolled into one! :lol:

That will keep them busy for ages :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
WOW - I am completly amazed!!! :razz: Oh my gosh - I HAVE to get Maximus one of those bad boys for xmas - He will probably leap so high in the air he wil hit his head on the ceiling!!! :lol: How long do they last? Your baby's are beautiful btw! :) :yes:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
For the wood eating, I sprayed Bitter Apple on the steps, and trim. Darned if it didn't stop it, and Gus is cutting teeth that look like they should belong to an alligator. I'm confused about length of bully sticks but will not go there.

Ann WI

1 - 20 of 29 Posts