Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, everytime I let Tyson out, he will find woodchips and eat them! Everytime! If it's not woodchips, its digging up dirt.  Last time I looked out the window he was staring at me with all this grass and dirt hanging out of his mouth.  Now, this can't be good for him to eat....will he learn?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have no idea but Ringer likes to eat the rabbit poop out of the rabbit holes in my back yard and seems to give me that same look.

·
Registered
405 Posts
will he learn?
Nope.

Ours haven't.

Apparently, the grass, etc is not all that bad for them though so I don't go nuts about it.

When my little white Brady digs in the mud, then I go a little nuts.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Tyson part boxer part billy goat :)

He will probably grow out of it.  He just likes to chew.  Try to discourage the wood chips because they can splinter as they pass through the body.  Just make sure he has plenty of things it is okay to chew and when you see his get on to him about the wood and give him something he can chew on.  The grass and dirt is not that big of a deal except for picking up worms...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel's new fascination is crickets. Every time he goes out, I have to check his mouth for any new 'friends' he's trying to bring into the house. I've put 3 out the front door today. Even more yesterday.  /sigh

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ares gets face fulls of dirt all the time when he's playing...

I wouldn't worry about tree branches, but the wood chips I would.  A lot of them may be treated with mildewcides and other pest-controlling substances that could be harmful...I'd definitely keep him away from the wood chips.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like Tyson is just being a puppy..I caught Angel this morning digging a huge hole in the mud,,Ugh.....What a mess..I don't mind the dirt and grass, but yea, I'd watch the wood chips....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I would be careful of the woodchips!!!! I wont even let Roxy chew sticks!!! Play with them yes but chewing is a big no no. Only because our friend had an english bulldog whom chewed sticks and his throat swelled because of all the slivers stucks and he actually suffocated because of it :cry:

·
Registered
780 Posts
It took a few years but ours finally out grew the digging (for the most part)  8O !  Ziggi still loves to "help" prune the flowers, bushes, trees, etc.  and digging in the sand box is his favorite pastime!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts