Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last evening Ashley and I were in the bedroom, and my man was out side in back ( I think she thought he was in the front yard ), putting the garden hose up ...which happens to be right outside the bedroom. There were some clunking/scraping noises, and as usual, she went into "FULL ALERT" mode..ears up..tail held high, and the hair on the back of her neck up..prancing across the bedroom. I have waited..and waited for her to do anything else..but out of the blue..she BARKED so loud, that John came running inside to ask what was wrong!! WOW..my girl has a set of pipes on her after all!!
This could not have come at a better time, as John left this morning for another 6-8 weeks in Montana, and now I feel she would bark if someone tried to enter the house while I am alone!! She is REALLY starting to grow into quite the little protector ( well not so little..45 lbs yesterday..lol ) I'm happy that I can sleep in peace tonight knowing she will most likely awaken me if she hears noises!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
oh that's so good!  I've been hoping that Autumn would start being a bit more of a guard dog too but so far no luck haha...that's really perfect time for Ashley to start being a good guard dog!

Autumn has at least started going to see who's at the door when they come in (as opposed to just glancing towards the door from wherever she's laying, or just sleeping through it)...I guess that's a start :roll:  lol

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
She's finally finding her "guard dog" genes!
I wish Phoenix was a little less alert because she barks at every noise. She had no problem finding her bark!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Good girl Ashley! Once it starts it only gets louder!!  :lol: Sadie will bark at the neighbors putting out their garbage accross the street...and she can SEE who it is... :roll:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It seems like it takes some awhile to get that "bark" down,,I think Buck was about 5 mos before he even barked...Now Flick, he ain't messing around :lol: Course he has 2 older siblings to teach him the ropes....Oh rest assured Linda, Ashley as she gets older will definitely go into "protect" mode and yea those little girlies will surprise you with their barks :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
YEAH, Ashley.  Kiah scared me half to death the first time she barked, couldn't believe that bark came out of her.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Good girl, Miss Ashley, protecting Mommy!

I have a 19-yr-old, who comes in at odd times so Max doesn't think a thing of it. If a stranger came in, I'm not sure that he would even go investigate!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I am right there with you....I about fell off the couch the first time something got Fiona's attention and she barked....It sounded like a big bad dog coming out of her..........Very deep and scary for my little girl :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just wait till they are barking at night at a bird or something in back, growling and you are peeking out from underneath your pillow thinking you are fixing to get burglarized with your finger on the phone set to dial 911.lol  thats when the fun really begins.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Kalyn\";p=\"128803 said:
Good girl, Miss Ashley, protecting Mommy!

I have a 19-yr-old, who comes in at odd times so Max doesn't think a thing of it. If a stranger came in, I'm not sure that he would even go investigate!
As Willow would say, he'd probably lead them right to the silver and jewelry!!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
YAY!!! She's a big girl now!!! And yes, Linda--you do have a little protector girl on the premises!!! GOOD ASHLEY!!!  :D

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Yay Ashley :D  :D  and now with John away she will prob feel more like your protector :D  :D

Zulu is very protective in the house and more so if the hubby is away, i love it, least i know i can sleep in peace and he will let me know if i have anything to worry about :D  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
samsonsaunt\";p=\"128851 said:
[quote="Kalyn\";p=\"128803":3bqfegfj]Good girl, Miss Ashley, protecting Mommy!

As Willow would say, he'd probably lead them right to the silver and jewelry!![/quote:3bqfegfj]

Or in Samson's case, beg for a ride :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My max, Has differnt kind of barks for everything when he feels threthed or scared he will let out a deep bark with a woooo at the end and when he wants to play he sounds like a chihawawa

·
Registered
80 Posts
The other day I came home with Tito around 12 am and there were a whole bunch of high school kids standing at the end of my street. I thought there was probably a house party or something but as I stepped out I found out it was an arguement and they were pushing each other around doing what idiotic high school kids do. And I knew it was all talk and no one was actually going to do anything. Even though I was there Tito went to the edge of our front lawn and stood in guard mode barking. He actually scared the kids into the catwalk. I heard them say someones gonna call the cops yo, the dogs gonna wake people up. It was hilarious. Also what I love about Boxers is they only bark when they need to, and you know when you hear them bark its something worth checking out, just like it was with Ashley. My cousin has a little Jack Russel who barks like a crackhead at everything, and now they usually just ignore him. Its like the boy who cried wolf, he barks so much no one really cares

1 - 16 of 16 Posts