Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :D , i just thought i'd cut in to ask if there are any natural remedies for worms? I worm Voltaire every 6 months to a year but it's not very easy. I've tried both the syringes full of paste and the pills - he just vomits the lot back up (even if i hide the pills in something nice) and i have to wait a few days and start over :? . Any tips or ideas? (I've read that garlic is a poison to dogs- like onions, chocolate & grapes. :( )

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
What types of worms are you worming Voltaire for? I don't use wormers, except for heartworm meds, so I don't really know what you are asking.
Garlic is fine for dogs. Garlic can be used as a natural remedy for tape worms. Tape worms come from fleas and garlic is a natural flea preventative. You don't want to give too much garlic. About a 1/2 a clove a week is sufficient. I hope this helped a little.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just meant tape worms and round worms. In the past Voltaire has been at the cat litter etc :oops:  so i like to be sure! If you think half a clove a week would be ok i'll try the garlic and carry on with the main treatment just once a year. Thanks Tootsie :D !

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I don't know why the little boogers like cat litter!! Voltaire ewww... :sick: Stay away...Yucky!!!
Yes, the garlic should help with the fleas, thus helping keep the tape worms away. I'm not sure of any natural remedies for round worms. Maybe someone else will have a clue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts