Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from work tonight and Tyson's crate was a mess! Not going to describe it.... Anyway, he has really bad diahreah(sp) I mean its like brown water. He isnt acting normal, just a little groggy, but still playing around a little. Just wondering if it could be caused by him getting into the adults dog food, or if it something that I should take him to the vet for. He hasnt thrown up since Ive been home, But he did in his crate. What to do??? He def. dosent want to eat anything. I feel terrible because you can just tell that he doesnt feel good. And I HAD to give him a bath on top of that. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I went through the whole messy (and REALLY smelly) cage with Hailey and it was because of her diet. we changed her food and very seldom will she get an upset tummy. May well have been the food--Rich

·
Registered
316 Posts
could be food.  could be parvo, coccidia or giardia any of which can be fatal if left untreated.  The listlessness speaks more of a vet issue than a food issue.  But maybe not :roll:   SO better safe than sorry.  a visit to the vet is definately worth the piece of mind.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I would take him in to the vet. The brown watery description would make me worry of dehydration.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Like everyone else has said, I think a vet visit would be a good thing...It very well be nothing, but there are so many possibilities, esp with a puppy, that I would want to be safe..Especially with the diahrea, I would be worried about dehydrating..Hugs to you both and let us know what happens...Poor Tyson, we sure hate to see our babies suffer......

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He seems to be feeling better today, Chase said that he is pooing normally now and playing around and eating as well. I called the vet and she told me it was probably just a drastic change in food, possibly the milk bone that we gave him (that hes never had before) the vet said that if it starts to happen again to bring him in, but she not too worried because he was so healthy last week. Dunno, we are keeping a close eye on him. Wish us luck. :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Odin threw-up a TON right after his visit to get his ears taped... my wife was really concerned, but I was sure it was just the stress of the taping and the car trips... he was normal both before and shortly after the incident, and after a call to the vet, they assured us it was probably just a stressfull day for Odin.

Puppys can make you worry, but if it's an isolated incident, you're usually good to go.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Don't freak out...If he's had his shots, than Parvo shouldn't be an issue...If he's starting to get back to normal already, his tummy may very well have been upset...Sudden changes in food can do that...Or feeding something( a treat) that they aren't used to...If he's starting to play, he's on the mend..Just make sure he's drinking lots of water and watch what you feed him...A bland diet of cooked chicken & white rice is always good too...course, then they start expecting that!  :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chicken and rice works wonders! Tyson is back to his normal playful self again. Thanks to all for your advice. kisses!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
AWESOME!!! :D  I am so glad to hear Tyson is feling so much better!

I didn't mean to freak you out.  I wanted to let you know though, My friend's puppy got parvo a few weeks back- AFTER he got his 3rd parvo shot!!!!!!  They aren't fully immune till 14- 16wks of age.  That's why I posted what I did before :wink:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Glad to hear he's doing better!

And thats a good thing to know about Parvo...

·
Registered
977 Posts
OdinsDad - you've just made the best avatar i've ever seen - brilliant! Glad Tyson's better.
Starting to think this forum's bad for my stress levels - dogs getting ill, dogs getting better, dogs getting ill again - talk about WORRY!! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Caillou, you know I was thinking the same thing..We just love these babies and cannot stand to see any of them not feeling good....So glad to hear that Tyson is doing better....Give that cutie pie a big hug for me..... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts