Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry to barge in like this :oops:  but I'm worried about Joe ( my 8yr old boxer )
From the day I bought him he has alway's slept in the house ( bed,sofa,with the kids,with me and the wife 8O )
During the last week all he wanted was to be outside day and night - He is eating ok and generally seems to be
in good health all round although he is a bit restless. He has always been happy in the house,finding the warmest
place to nap,begging at meal times and generally being daft as a brush.Like I've said,he appears to be his normal self
except for not wanting to be in the house - we have not changed anything in the house and there have been no new
additions ( pets,babies ect..)

I would very much appreciate any help or advise anyone has to offer.

Cheers,

Fickster.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  You are never barging in on anyone here!  I don't really have an answer for you on your questions but I am sure someone will be on soon who can help you.

None of our boxers have ever done that.  Have you recently cleaned the carpet?  Any new scents that you are using in the house?  Is it warmer in the house than normal?  Since he seems to be normal in all the other ways it may just be a small change that you have made and he hasn't adjusted to it yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello and welcome from Florida.  

This may be really off the wall but if nothing else is changed could he possibly be tuning in on a female in heat in the area?  You didn't say if he is neutered or not.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I have no advice for your issue, but Welcome and I'm sure there will be lots more suggestions as to what may be going on with your baby.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Can't help either but wanted to say Welcome.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sorry I don't have any idea what could be going on, but dogs are intuitive and perhaps something has his attention.  Let us know how it turns out and we love to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now this is a new one on me..Boxers are inside dogs, they like to be with their skin peeps, so I really don't know what could be the cause. I would have suggested, like already was, a new scent, clean carpets, something like that....

By the way, welcome :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sorry, but I don't know either.  I also just wanted to say welcome!  And would love to see pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. We have had Boxers in the family for thirty years +

and this is the first time we have come across this kind of problem. Last night Joe was happy to be in the house

again at last :emtthumbs:   I also think I know why it happened. I caught a mouse in the house yesterday ( we live on

a farm ) I managed to track where it had come from and also where it has been sleeping - the mouses hidout was full of

dog biscuits. This is the only logical explanation I have. I wonder why it upset him so much given the playful nature of

boxers? I thought he would have gone mad and chased the little beggar all over the house :twisted:

Anyway,he has sensed that the mouse has gone and all is well again :goodman:

Once again, big thanks to you all,

Cheers,

Matt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts