Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two good things.  One, I got to see my neice from London.  She is a tall girl!  She is every bit as big as my nephew and he's a year older!  Two, not all 24 1/2 people were there.  Two of the sisters couldn't make it.  So there were 18 1/2 people.

It all started last weekend.  We went to my mother-in-law's house to have the holiday with her.  The sister from London and her family got a stomach bug and were puking the whole weekend.  Then on Tuesday, my son started with the stomach bug.  We went to Oklahoma on Wednesday, took 10 hours!  Thursday, everybody else showed up.  Thursday night, my hubby got the bug, along with three other people.  The next day, 2 more people got the bug.  By this point, I'm like get me outta here before I get sick!  We left Saturday about noon.  Only took 8 hours to get back home.  The only reason I talked hubby into leaving Sat, instead of Sun, was the potential for icy weather.

Then there's the Henry side of the story.  It was so cold!  I put him in a sweatshirt and he was steaked outside most of the time.  Grrrr! :evil:
They would only let him in at night, and then only in the laundry room, which was barely big enough for his crate!  He was miserable!  Son ignored him, hubby was no help.  It was like I was in anti-dog country or something.  Henry wouldn't eat.  He hardly slept.  He got hurt some how, because he's limping and won't put any weight on one of his front legs.  Next time, I'm leaving him at a kennel.  I hate to, but I think he would be better off.  At least he'd be warm and around people who actually want him.

Thanks for letting me vent.  I'd like nothing more than to NEVER go to Oklahoma again!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am so sorry to hear all of that. That really sucks that everyone was getting sick. I am so sorry to hear about Henry, I so very much dislike people that keep dogs outside when it is that cold outside. Let them inside. Let them feel the warmth too.

I am totally with you about never going to Oklahoma again. I am from there and I will never go back unless I have too. Thank goodness my mom will be moving out here pretty soon.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sorry you had such a bad time - hope Xmas makes up for it! I would've turned around and gone home too if they shut my dog outside :(

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sorry for the bad holiday....trust me I have had a few of them myself :)  But like Annette said set your sights on a great Christmas!!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sorry about your bad holiday. I was wondering as it got closer to Thanksgiving, what you had decided about Henry. I would have flipped out if they made me keep the dog outside. Let alone all of the sick ppl! Is there any way you could do Thanksgiving at one of the other 18 1/2 ppls houses next year?? Like a dog lover perhaps? Anyway, I hear you about the drama during the holidays, there's always something...argument etc that occurs!  Christmas will no doubt be better!  :)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.  My mom doesn't mind the dog in the house and we'll be going to her house for Christmas.  But she's got a little weenie dog now.  I hope they get along.

Also, Henry lost 8 pounds!  He's down to just 50!  But he has been eating since we got home, so maybe it won't take long to put weight back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry your holiday was so bad; like everyone says make Christmas extra special.  Hope Henry's legs are OK.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Aww, that stinks.  Sorry to hear about your Thanksgiving.  Hope Henry is feeling better and his leg is okay!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that stinks! i hope henry starts feeling better. :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
My kids do not sleep outside.  There only outside when I'm watching them.  Sorry to hear that your boy didn't have a good weekend.  Our family is very understanding, if they can't deal with the dogs inside, they have to travel to see us.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What an awful w/end! No wonder you don't want to go back...Poor Henry..Obviously it was no fun for him as well....Did you click your heels together when you got home and say" there's no place like home?" Ugh for nasty relatives.....

·
Registered
462 Posts
So sorry you had a bad holiday. We go to my moms and she always has to laugh because there are more dogs there than people. I hope Christmas is ALOT better for you.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sorry to hear that your holiday weekend was so rough.  I hope everyone recovers quickly from the bug going around and that poor Henry gets back to normal quickly.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the well wishes.  I told hubby I was never going back.  But I say that every year.  We've been going to Oklahoma for turkey day for the last 10 years! :?

Henry's leg will be fine.  I had put one of my son's old sweatshirts on him instead of buying one for dogs.  The shirt rubbed part of his leg raw, rubbed the hair off.  Doc says he'll be fine, just has to take a little time and make sure he doesn't lick it too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts