Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone thought the breeder I found would be good? I don't want to post the name of the breeder yet in case it's not allowed. TIA for any help.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I think you can post the name of the breeder, alot of our members know who the 'good' ones are

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, I did some more research on the breeder and all of the health tests she has done on both dogs have come back as good the only thing is one is dm carrier and the other is dm at risk. So that is no to this breeder right?

So, I need some help finding the perfect breeder. Does anyone know which breeders to look at?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where are you located? I'm not sure about the DM carrier/at risk. Maybe someone who is knowledgeable on that issue can chime in....
You will definitely want to meet the breeder, see where they keep the dogs and see how they are socialized. You will want to meet the breeder's dogs, and have a list of questions ready. I knew as soon as we met our breeder that we found the right match.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
okay, I did some more research on the breeder and all of the health tests she has done on both dogs have come back as good the only thing is one is dm carrier and the other is dm at risk. So that is no to this breeder right?

So, I need some help finding the perfect breeder. Does anyone know which breeders to look at?
Good call:)

We ultimately had to let Struddell go because of DM, full symptoms at the 8 yr mark but she did make it to 10 with round the clock care. :(

But it sounds like yes, you have found a good breeder! The answer to your question was provide here by a breeder!

The reason for one carriers is because in America at any rate, 70 % of breeding pair carry the DM gene! If you get rid of every carrier of the DM gene...70 percent of the breeding pairs are gone!

So the next best thing is to use one clear and one carrier or something to that effect?

I did find Boxers that did in fact have DM clear breeding pairs! And I think they are on here and that's who in fact answered my question?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think you can post the name of the breeder, alot of our members know who the 'good' ones are
Well I'm not sure? But if I were to speculate a guess I'd say Euro Boxers, Euro American Boxers and Canada...aye! (couldn't help myself):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts