Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, I just spent $100 on toys. Thank goodness he is too young for the bully sticks and other harder chews, or i would have to go work some overtime, lol. Need a trolley, a clicker, and should be about set :) At least for a little while.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Yay. . . i love spending in the pet shop!!! But internet buying is MUCH better.

Ypu should try and get your pup a Cuz toy, they are great, Zulu is a power chewer and he never seems to break them :D . Might be good for chewing on when teething time starts :D  :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yah know what you're saying. Just spent a about a grand on fencing in a portion of the yard for the pups. Money wisely spent. :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would LOVE to fence, but it would look horrid, the way my house and yard are set up. (Corner lot, little back yard, big front)

I ordered one of the good cuz 3 1/2 size. Also a ruffian, a rol-ee ball, etc..... :)

His favorite toy right now is, my older son's shoes laces, when they are outside, lol.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Drayken\";p=\"128088 said:
I would LOVE to fence, but it would look horrid, the way my house and yard are set up. (Corner lot, little back yard, big front)

I ordered one of the good cuz 3 1/2 size. Also a ruffian, a rol-ee ball, etc..... :)

His favorite toy right now is, my older son's shoes laces, when they are outside, lol.
Cool, Zulu has got the ruffian chicken and those things are also mega tough, your baby will prob love anything with a squeak, its a boxer thing.
Zulu had the bad Cuz with the little horns, the feet didnt last long but the rest of it is still going strong and hes had this one and the chicken about 4 months now :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I'm always buying stuff for Phoenix...she gets a small portion of most of my paychecks. This is only the beginning of your doggie purchases!  :D

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="PhoenixsMom\";p=\"128092":23vgnoby]I'm always buying stuff for Phoenix...she gets a small portion of most of my paychecks. This is only the beginning of your doggie purchases!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm a bit frugal when it comes to toys...I like to hit up Dollarama (GREAT pet toy section, she just loves everything we get from there) she got a ball on a rope and a rope frizbee type thing from there ($2 total!), she has a few old stuffed animals that I gave her, a beanie baby (only gets to play with this when we're watching incase she were to rip it and get the beans out...she doesn't tend to rip, break, or chew things though), a squaky thing and a cat toy that her old owners gave us with her (her favourites apparently), she has an old St.Patty's Day hat that is probably her favourite of all...two tennis balls that she found that were Tessa and Pippins...haha she sounds like a welfare dog.  She's happy to play with just about anything she can find, so why bother spending tons of cash?  Her favourite things to play with are pieces of string (I know...yikes!  Discourage that one!), a pompom she has, (seeing a cat like trend here?) and beer bottle caps...oh man beer bottle caps are the BEST!!!!!!  I keep an eye on her when she has one of those too, and don't let her play with it for very long...she just gets so hilarious when she gets ahold of one of those, it's hard to just take it away!

She has one of those peanut butter filled bones that I bought her though, $10....that's about the only "toy" that I actually bought for her at the pet store haha...

Mind you, that's because I spent well over $100 at the pet store on lotions and vitamins and supplements and shampoos to TRY to get her looking healthy...which all have not been working as of yet haha.

Pippin will play with anything too...her favourite being a water bottle WITH lid.  She spends about 5 minutes removing the lid and then the whole thing is garbage.  Without a lid, water bottles are just no fun!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yah, no matter how much you spend on toys its always the cheapest or "non" toys that seem to provide the most fun.
Phoneix just spent 10 minutes outside playing with a plastic cup that my boyfriend left on the deck and her favorite toy is a stuffed dog from the carnival.
I bought a few toys for her from the dollarstore however they lasted minutes before they were broken or ripped apart as Phoenix's main goal with toys as I've come to realize is to destroy them!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
OMG, I just spent $12 on a Wubba and it's driving my bf insane!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He phoned me at work the other day and said "listen to this".  Tango was going haywire....squeak, squeak, squeak.  LMAO...

All John said was "Thanks!".

·
Registered
761 Posts
My wife gets mad cause I am always buying Cassius something new.  It took about 1 hour for his Cuz to loose the feet and then I took it away cause I was afraid of him eating the pieces, which he had.  But tennis ball stuff and the toughest stuffed squeaky things tend to be the most popular.  Oh and baseballs, he is a big fan of baseballs, though he doesn't get left alone with them because he eats the cover right off.  We live about a mile from a school with a couple of fields on it, we go there on our early morning walks and walk through the fields, I get about 1-2 baseballs a week this way and then I close the gate in the outfield of the big field and play fetch... I have a drawer full of baseballs now and didn't but a one.  His Wubba and Kong Frisbee were big hits but the Wubba lost all its tassels (all 3 wubbas actually) and the kong frisbee lasted less than a week.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
southerngirls\";p=\"128145 said:
we dont spend too much on toys. $5 here $10 there....ours arent big toy dogs though.
Don't know if my dog likes toys too much either. Had him for 3 days now, lol.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, yup, life with  puppy or an adult dog for that matter :) I was very proud of myself yesterday, after I dropped Flick off at the vets I decided to go browse Petsmart and I did not buy one toy  :) Bought some nice healthy treats, a keychain, some food, but no toys....I surprised myself :lol: Ditto what Mel said about the Cuz & Ruffians, those are great toys...

G

·
0 Posts
I'm always shocked when I leave Petsmart at how much I spend on Eddie but it's all worth it when he hops around with his new toys.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I spend so much on toys.  But Ty loves new toys.  And they give him something to do.  I hate seeing him bored.  I am at the pet store at least twice a week.  They need to start getting some new toys...I think I have all of the ones currently there!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie actually has a toy box!   :lol: I love spoiling her though.  It's so great when she gets a new toy.  She seems so appreciative and excited about it.  Speaking of which, I haven't gotten her anything new lately, maybe she needs something.....   :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, mine are soo bad that anytime UPS, Fed Ex or whomever delivers, they are convinced that whatever is in the box MUST be for them  :lol: Every bag that comes in the house, same thing

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tyson has a toybox as well...well is actually a basket, but same thing!  And your right Willow, everytime I bring in a bag, he thinks its for him! Spoiled little boxer!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts