Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... I've never done this before and I have no idea the outcome, but what the heck....

I bought Lulu a Snake in the Grass by Fat Cat, Inc.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Wow, two hours, that would be a record at our house - any kind of plush toy at our house lasts probably a maximum of 30 minutes and I have paid as much as $20 for a plush toy!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Toys never last long with us either.  Most the plush ones are decapitated and then they have to be thrown away before Jetta pulls out all their innards (stuffing).  

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have wrote a few letters to companies regarding their products and have gotten great results.  In my opinion you should write the letter from you not from Lulu.  The company will probably take it more seriously.  Good luck...it's worth a try!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah, for Valentine's Day I bought mine, what I thought were sturdy stuffed toys.  Niko's was torn apart in less than 30 minutes and Mo's was gone in about an hour.  I'm not buying anymore stuffed toys.  Niko even tears up some of the rubbery plastic ones.  I need to find something extremely tough for mine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lulu seems to have this "THING" for stuffing.   Whether it's pillow stuffing, dog bed stuffing, toy stuffing..... you name it, if it has stuffing, she just has to destroy it and pull the stuffing out.   What is it with stuffing???   My schnauzers look at her like she's lost her mind.   They could care less what a toy is made of.

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I bought the Kong Wubba (to replace the one Cooper had destroyed) and the Beanie Ball, I also picked up a Round Hound (I think it's made by Kong), supposed to be "3X stronger!!!!"  Wooptie doo, it lasted about 15 minutes instead of 5.  They described the toy as being strong because it had a layer of canvas under the fleece-type material.  The canvas was there but it was paper thin.  The beanie ball is still a hit today and showing no signs of wear yet.  Kong is still going strong, of course.  Everything else made by Kong that isn't made out of the kong rubber hasn't come even close to measuring up to the Kong name

Edited to add
I agree if you're going to write it, I would write it from yourself.  A smaller local company might appreciate the cuteness, but I'd doubt a larger company would take the letter seriously if written from the dogs perspective.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Definatly write the letter coming from yourself. Plush toys are hard to keep around my house for more than a few hours as Phoenix is always on a mission to rip them apart.
One thing I did learn is that dog toys don't have to go though quality testing as kids toys to...therefor they can use whatever they want and make it poorly without having to test it to see if it will rip or tear easily, or if parts will fall off - because they aren't required to. Some of the toys that have lasted the best in our house are "human grade" stuffed toys.

Hope you get some results from your letter...might do the same next time one falls apart and maybe they'll starting making them of a higher quality.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I sent it off.   We shall see what happens.

I'm sure people think I'm crazy in the pet isle.   If I find a toy that I THINK she may not be able to destroy...... I'm in the isle squeaking it, pulling it, checking the seams, seeing if there is anything she can get ahold of to start pulling it apart.   I'm sure people are having a laugh.   But, there have been several toys that when MOM TESTING have either started to rip, or there's already a hole.... so they go back in the bin for someone else.  :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I am about to buy one of the tuffie dinosaurs that cost about 35$ because maverick is getting rougher with plushies now...they are suppose to be VERY tough and the dinosaurs are large...like bigger than a pug dog by a bit...IF that toy is also destroyed i will be writing a letter also..sometimes i expect it but sometimes i too am really disappointed by the quality  of toys esp when im spending a lot on a toy.

I hope they replace your toy and maybe if more people complained they would start to make better quality toys!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Donya, the Tuffies brand are supposed to be good. I know a few other boxer owners and they think they are great, esp the larger toys. Great for 2 dogs to tug on :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
i gave up on buying dog toys I go into the toy section and buy plushies for Cheyenne.....when Vday was here Walmart had these little door hangers thatt are like pilows with sayings like Princess, its all about Me, Love me....well thy were a dollar andn I bought 3 andn all but 1 are still alive lol and Chey who loves stuffing hasn't even destroyed it yet.....

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did you ever hear back?  

I know that it depends on the toy with ours....some of the plush toys they have had for years, others get tore up in a day or less.  We do have three of the tuffies stuffed toys and at least with ours they have held up extremely well.  They were expensive but ours tug on them with us and each other, no rips, etc. with them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts