Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my father sent us a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS PRESENT... money to get a new digital camera!! I've been wanting one SINCE, FOREVER!!!! LOL

$40 came out of our own pockets but the rest bought us this great camera!! It's a Kodak EasyShare Z812IS HD Camera

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier. ... cale=en_US

I've been SOOO BUSY TODAY and only got to play with it for a total of 30 mins but I must say... I THINK I'm IN LOVE!!!!!  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  

LOL HD QUALITY VIDEO AND PICS ... 12x Optical Zoom... 8+ MP... just to name a few check out the website if you're thinking about getting a new camera!! This thing is great and bought it from Best BUY for $279.99.

Only pics I've gotten to take today!

Oh and I just took this picture like 3 mins ago...
it's pitch black in the room... and it CAME OUT!

Notice the SHOCK on Odin's face! LOL

G

·
0 Posts
aren't new cameras nice?  Lol...I love the quality of the pics from the Kodak easyshare line...however, be careful with it, don't let the kids use it...I found that they break rather easily...I went through two different models in under a year...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aquagirl900\";p=\"53104 said:
aren't new cameras nice?  Lol...I love the quality of the pics from the Kodak easyshare line...however, be careful with it, don't let the kids use it...I found that they break rather easily...I went through two different models in under a year...
Really Sarah's played with our old one all the time and nothing ever happened to it. This one she's not touching though! She's tried already but... there is NO REASON a 2 YR OLD needs to HOLD or TOUCH a $300 camera... lol... not yet anyway!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm sooo jealous! I want one! The quality looks awesome. Maybe Santa will surprise me this year with a new one?  :roll:  The pics are fantastic, of course the model helps a bit!  :D  I never realized Odin had the lighter eyes.  :oops:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tootsie\";p=\"53141 said:
I'm sooo jealous! I want one! The quality looks awesome. Maybe Santa will surprise me this year with a new one?  :roll:  The pics are fantastic, of course the model helps a bit!  :D  I never realized Odin had the lighter eyes.  :oops:

Well I hope Santa surprises you this year too!  :D Thanks for the Odin compliments! That was the first thing the breeder pointed out... his eye color... that it matched his coat! He's such a handsome boy! lol Doesn't even look like a puppy anymore!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Forget the camera - I want your dog!

hehe jk.

That is a sweet camera.  I'm kind of partial to the medium sized camera's like this one as they take better pictures than the really small digital cameras.  And they have a boatload of more features too.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Marie, how responsive is it when taking pics? My biggest beef with mine is the delay....Quality looks awesome, course when you have such a great subject, what would you expect?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"53165 said:
Marie, how responsive is it when taking pics? My biggest beef with mine is the delay....Quality looks awesome, course when you have such a great subject, what would you expect?
My camera works ok with action shots if you hold the button down half way before taking the picture.  Not all of them have this feature though.

G

·
0 Posts
My camera doesn't really have a delay..but I spent like $500 on it, lol...I was tired of the plain Point and Shoots so i bought the Nikon D40...nice camera...sometimes i wonder if I went a little overboard...

If you look close at Jetta...her eyes also match her coat..they are much lighter than Bo's who's look black...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have the Canon PowerShot A710 IS, it does have a slight delay but not as bad as my older Nikon Coolpix 990.  I do love the Nikon for close up shots and still shots.

·
Registered
526 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"53205 said:
My camera doesn't really have a delay..but I spent like $500 on it, lol...I was tired of the plain Point and Shoots so i bought the Nikon D40...nice camera...sometimes i wonder if I went a little overboard...

If you look close at Jetta...her eyes also match her coat..they are much lighter than Bo's who's look black...

where did you get your Nikon? That is what I am wanting to get.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've got a new Kodak camera for work.  Love the camera, hate the easyshare software.   Some people may like it, but for me, it just doesn't do what I want.  They try to make it too easy, I think.  I also have an older Canon Powershot.  Camera is good and the software is actually pretty decent.  

I love Odin's coat!  Looks a lot like my old greyhound, Max.  His brindle stripes were more blue, though.

G

·
0 Posts
[/quote]where did you get your Nikon? That is what I am wanting to get.[/quote]

I got mine at a Ritz camera...they had it on sale for $525...
Another good place to get it, even online is norman camera

Right now, online (and if you have one in town, they match their online prices, or if you have a ritz camera in town also, they match norman's prices...)
norman camera has the nikon d40 for $479.99...pretty good deal...http://www.normancamera.com/product-exe ... _5_6G_LENS

also, ritz camera online has a no shipping, no sales tax

they have the 2 lens nikon d40 for $650
http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/SLR1160.htm
comes with a case and some informational dvds

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wahoo! ROTFLOL! You know me and CAMERAS! Very exciting! :) I am dreaming of a new camera myself...but, of course, the one I want is a digital SLR...pretty spendy...but, I just might get it for Christmas this year! :)  I can hardly WAIT! I just have to remember NEVER to take it in the river with me!ROTFLOL! (my problem is I don't care WHAT I have to do to get the shot I can see in my head! Risky for the equipment!LOL!)

Congrats...it's taking GORGEOUS pics! Have fun!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has a "shutter shot" and "action" setting... I haven't been able to test it yet though! On the website it states the timed delay... but to me... there isn't one! LOL The delay on our old kodak was HORRIBLE... so this feels like NOTHING... so basically I'm of no help! Canon's are nice... I haven't owned a Nikon so I don't really no much about them. My mother was a photography and she told me a while back which she thought were the best brands. Of course camera's have come QUITE a way since then. Hubby and I are pro kodak and canon... we weren't really looking at anything else. Those smaller camera's are nice but with most... you either have to have a SUPER STEADY hand or well... no SKINNY camera has the 12x optical zoom... which is what I WANTED MORE THAN ANYTHING. I was already SOLD on it before I even noticed it took HD video and pics... that was JUST A HUGE BONUS!!!! lol

I'm HUGE into photography too though you're not very good at it when you have a junky camera... I mean the pics can ONLY look SO good. I think... esp for the PRICE... this camera is amazing. If I had $900 - $1500 to spend on a camera... I would in a HEART BEAT... but I don't... :(

I'm fine with the easy share program... I just do the one touch upload and then boom their in a folder... then I do whatever I want with them. Of course that's the only thing I use the program for! I think it would be great for someone like my father who isn't very computer smart, since it makes cards and adds effects easily... but I have other programs for that.

Thanks for all the comments! I'm SUPER... CRAZY, HAPPY! I've just been soooo busy I haven't been able to mess with it! I'm taking it to the beach this weekend though!! I've had 5 appointments this week and one more later on today... then after Friday I'll finally have time to fiddle with it! YAY!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts