Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting Lucy used to the crate by just leaving it around, putting some toys in there, giving her an occasional treat in there.

She normally sleeps on her little dog bed right at my feet, but today I brought the crate over next to me at the couch and put her little dog bed in there. She very easily went in there and I shut the door. She laid down and just kind wanted to lick our hands through the bars. Then she just went to sleep without whining or fuss and slept in there for almost 3 hours! Oh, and I finally opened the door because she wasn't asking to get out and I was getting worried that she'd just lay there forever lol. When I opened the door, she just stayed there. I petted her and rubbed her belly and she went back to sleep!

Then for her second nap of the day, I took the crate to the breakfast room where I would prefer she sleeps and put her in it when she was tired. She laid right down and went to sleep. No whining at all.

I am so proud of her. I hope it goes that well tonight and in the morning when my husband goes to work so we can finally get some sleep!

I love this one

And konked out in the breakfast room

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Good Girl Lucy -   :emtthumbs:

**however just want to mention one thing when leaving her in her crate unattended.  

I would IMO not leave her alone in there with her collar on.   Could get caught on something and cause injury if you are not right there.      I always suggest to people when crate training with a wire crate - collars off.    Just a little tid bit:)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Awww what a cutie! The second picture is adorable!
Way to go Lucy on sleeping in the crate.  :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HannaBanana\";p=\"127630 said:
Good Girl Lucy -   :emtthumbs:

**however just want to mention one thing when leaving her in her crate unattended.  

I would IMO not leave her alone in there with her collar on.   Could get caught on something and cause injury if you are not right there.      I always suggest to people when crate training with a wire crate - collars off.    Just a little tid bit:)
Thanks for the reminder!  :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh what a good girl!! She just looks sooooo loveable, too! Lil precious baby! I miss those days when I see them all curled up and sleeping.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
awww such cute pics. glad to see the crate training is coming along..always nice when you can get sleep too.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that was way too easy :) Flick is not liking the crate at all...Doesn't matter where it's placed, or what we do, he throws a fit...Glad it's going well

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drayken\";p=\"127788 said:
Haha, what a HUGE Wubba for her! We got the small one for Jax. Maybe after he destroys it, we will get the big one :)
LOL I know, right? We got her the small one, too, but she loves the material that the large one is made of. She actually plays with both of them.

*Update: She slept just great in her crate last night with no whining at all and no accidents! Hubby took her out in the middle of the night to potty. I'm so happy. Now I am finally comfortable running a couple errands and not worrying about her as much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts