Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background - I got Sadie about 3 wks ago, she's around a year old. I left her in the bedroom while I took a shower the 3rd day I had her, and in that 15 mins, she destroyed my cell phone and a bra-my fault for leaving it out, I know. So I didn't want to leave her loose while I went to work , but I was having tons of problems keeping her in the crate, she kept breaking out, chewing on the wire etc.
So I've been working on leaving her alone in the house while I go to the store or go get something from my truck. Today I left her in the house out of her crate when I went to work (10hr shift with a lunch break/potty break in the middle). I was worried all day that she'd eat the furniture or find something I forgot to put up. But I got home & checked everything and she was just layin on the bed watchin tv! Nothing out of place, no accidents!
I'm so happy! I've been worrying about it cuz I have to leave her while I'm working and she would not stay in her crate, but as long as she doesn't demolish anything I can leave her in the house with plenty of toys and chewies.
Anyway, I just wanted to brag about how good my girl's been!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Congrats.....don't be suprised if she reverts back at anytime! I am not sure about a 1 year old but since that still counts as a puppy they love to get into thing(s) yes plural 'S'.  

I would still urge you to work on her getting use to the crate becasue in the long run she will enjoy the comfort and you will have more peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
ya I wouldn't let your guard down. My girl loves to chew things when we leave her alone some times...even as little as 10 minutes.
She's been good for a while but last night she got a hold of my boyfriends wallet which I had put up out of the way so some how she managed to get it
and chewed his credit card and dumped all the change out...I'm just hoping she didn't eat any of it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That's great, but yea, I wouldn't let your guard down, technically she 's still very much a puppy..You might also want to consider a different crate, I have the Vari Kennel, it's the real hard plastic and harder to get out of...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Congrats, but like the others said I would not expect good behavior everytime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts