·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I give mine apples in their kibble. Half an apple split between the 2 of them, no seeds....Samson isn't real fond of them, so sometimes he doesn't eat them, sometimes he does... :) He will spit the apples out and leave them on the floor, Angel finishes them off  :lol:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I give Lola an apple once or twice a week for a treat.  Peeled and cut up into pieces..no core or seeds...don't know if that's necessary or not, but it makes me feel better that she's not comping on an entire apple!  
I actually gave her a piece of my orange yesterday....she loved it and kept sniffing around for more...don't think I'd give her that too often though.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i think apple is o.k. it is what i used for training treats when sumya was younger...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yay, thanks for the info.. hailee and i shared an apple yesterday peeled, and no seeds so i was just double checking, she absolutely loved it :) thanks again

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, that's great...Glad she liked it  :) Try putting a bit of Peanut Butter on the slices, she will go nutz over that

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Funny dogs......Sophie LOVED fruit, oranges and apples and pears were her favorites, Donner is not a fruity boy but loves, loves, loves his veggies, squash, pumpkin, broccoli  and carrots.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I actually just core mine and give them whole (skin and all); they love playing with them like a ball for a while before eating them.  It's a twofer - a toy and a treat!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"58506":1ffj78js]I actually just core mine and give them whole (skin and all); they love playing with them like a ball for a while before eating them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Apples are just fine minus the seeds. Remember though, that any fruits and veggies are far more benificial for your dogs in a mushed up form. Their bodies do not break down the cell wall that fruits and veggies have so unless super almost over ripe or mashed up they will not gain all the nuitrients that could be available to them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts