Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nova has a yeast infection in her right ear, I don't have the $$ right now to have her vet examine her and prescribe medication.
What are some good home remedies for yeast infections? I've read white vinegar, but I thought I'd ask you guys before trying anything!!

Thank you

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Raw organic apple cider vinegar with the "Mother" in it. However, IF the ear has open sores or cuts from scratching do not use vinegar it will sting on open wounds. Organic extra virgin unrefined cold pressed coconut oil works well too.

What are you feeding her? Yeast infections are sometimes caused by an underlying issue like allergies

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Agreed looked at that food myself and I would be cautious. Its extremely high in carbs while lower in protein. Does she have any other symptoms of allergies like licking/chewing her feet and other parts of her body? Does she get chronic yeast infection in her ears? How long have you been on this food?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She has been licking and nibbling on her paws a lot!!!! I didn't know that was a sign of allergies. This is the first time she's had a yeast infection. We will definitely switch her food, and I'll take a look at Acana! Thank you all so much, you guys are very helpful :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts