Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how to manage this. Its really flaring up due to her chewing on her feet during the night. Will the apple cider vinegar solution help?? I may end up taking her in, looks like her feet hurt the way she is walking. Iam currently using a wound spray now and keeping them clean in between spray sessions. I ve also used the rubber "paws" to keep her from chewing at em. Any suggestions???

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Ugh ... Ok that pretty much sucks!! Most likely a vet visit will be in order pretty sure she "will need" antibiotics to help fight the infection???

I certainly can't see how the "Apple Cider" could hurt and most likely it would help?? Going forward and even after a "Vet" visit I would also use this ...

https://www.amazon.com/Well-Horse-Antibacterial-Healing-Resin-Remedy/dp/B00BSN2VZK

It's an antibiotic non toxic liquid bandage. It works well you can go to the manufacturer's site for more info but ... it's got some pretty graphic photos ... that's why I don't post it directly! Hope she get's better and welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
If she's chewed them raw, she'll probably need antibiotics to treat the infection. As for prevention, I've read a lot that suggests apple cider vinegar and/or coconut oil both have a benefits in helping with yeast/allergies. They're both also just supposed to be good for the skin & coat in general :)

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I found this soak but if she has licked or chewed open you will need vet, as preventive or if I notice them appearing to get yeasty I would try this
A combination of warm water, organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide works to treat yeast infections and sooth irritated paws with its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. To make this solution, pour 1 cup of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide into 1 gallon of warm water. Soak your dog’s paws in the liquid for 30 seconds and allow the skin to air-dry.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So vet visit was in order...we ended up taking home an array of medications...Apoquel 16mg, Cephalexin, Surloan drops for her ears and Ketochlor shampoo....uggghh food wise she is on Diamond Naturals weight management formula. We have done so many different foods over the years to no avail. She actually has been pretty good on this current food. Vet had stated its not so much the "grain" in the food but the protein. I ve heard both sides to this argument 😥 All of these meds will rein her back in and we need to be way more diligent about keeping up with her yeastyness. Definitely will do acv spray, and i think i may go for a more holistic flea spray with cedar oil....thanks for all the suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts