Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie threw up twice today...once this morning before she ate and once after she ate (her food came up) I just fed her again and she seems fine..for the moment. What could have caused this? The first time there was a lot of throw up, it was watery...BTW we gave her 1/8th of a pepto after the second time. She hasn't eaten anything weird lately.Any suggestions on what this could be?? Poor little girl  :( This could be normal, but I'm just an amateur! Thanks in advance for your help!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi.  I have a boxer/lab mix and he ate grass one time which made him throw up and the color of it was like you described and it was also kinda watery, maybe Sadie ate some grass?? good luck, I hope Sadie is ok!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis does that every so often..not sure why..she does it from grass also...but i think they might do it on an empty stomach and the food just irratates it...

im curious to see what others say about it...

hope she feels better..Isis usually acts like nothing wrong..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. She seems to be a to be a lot better now. She ate her 1230pm meal and its stayed down since, so I'm hoping that was just a passing thing. Kate, it make sense that it could be bile because it was first thing this morning when she first was sick and she had an empty stomach. The only reason I don't think its grass is because we are always watching her when she's outside (on a lead) but leaves on the other hand...she does get a hold of them pretty quick!  :lol: but we try to take them out of her mouth quickly. Anyway, I'll let you know if it happens again but she seems fine now!  :D

Thank god for all of you!! Every time something is not right I always know who to ask. I appreciate it very much!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yuck, i just had that kind of morning too. Tink or Mad, im not too sure went into the hall and threw up what looked to be ALL of their food. It might have been tink cause there was alot there, and she's a big food bully. Hope the food stays down! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts