Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 8mt old spayed boxer always has this white/yelowish discharge after she pees and sometimes just kinda dots of it during the day she uninates fine bu i wonder  if its something that i need to go ck out
i was taking her to banfeild but i fell like thay are overcharging me and over testing her for everthing how can i find a good vet? i live in So Cal
also i noticed 3 days ago she had green dischargr comming from her eyes its gone now but her eyes are still red

*ill be camping for a week thats why i wont reply until sunday

im so glad i have found this form i know noone who owns a boxer so i dont have anyone to goto when theres a problem

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Vaginal discharge is normal when it has a clear color and no odor.  Vaginal discharge in dogs can be clear and watery (serous), bloody, thick and gray (mucousy), yellow/green (purulent), or dark green/black (after giving birth). The discharge may or may not have an odor.

In addition to having the discharge I would watch for excessive licking of the vagina, scooting the bottom along the floor, increased urination and/or straining to urinate, difficulty defecating, lethargy, fever and increased thirst.

These are all signs that something other then a normal discharge is going on. If you are concerned about any of that going on I would go see your vet/a vet.

I do not know of any vets in Cali, but here is the link to the CVMA site and at the bottom it has a place to search for a vet.  The best way to find a good and well priced vet is word of mouth so ask around at work and with friends.

Hope that helps some.

http://www.cvma.net

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
motocrossgal\";p=\"16264 said:
also i noticed 3 days ago she had green dischargr comming from her eyes its gone now but her eyes are still red
Lola had green and yellow discharge comming from her eyes and it ended up being conjuntivitis so you may want to get that checked if it continues.  Her eyes are also red a lot, but that's because she has allergies.  Good luck with your vet search!  I'm in Boston to I'm no help to you with that!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Many months ago, Xena was licking and biting her crotch excessively, though there was no discharge. I called the vet and the receptionist said it could possibly be a yeast infection. A yeast infection??? In dogs???? Yep....She claims they could get em. Did you check the phone book for local vets??

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don't think that what you are talking about is vaginal discharge at all.  I think your girl is leaking small amount of urine throughout the day and right after she pees.  Don't worry about it.  We would too if we were built like them.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been taking my boxer to Banfield for quite some time now and they have run all kinds of tests to determine why Roxxy has this exact same discharge that you have described.  Finally after hundreds of dollars of testing and NO RESULTS I have decided that maybe she is just showing signs of being in heat even tho she is spayed.  She doesn't seem to bothered although she licks a lot.  It comes and goes like its some sort of cycle so I'm going to monitor how many days I notice it and how many days it's not showing signs (i.e. being swollen)  She goes back to the vet tomorrow for her routine shots but I'm reluctant to let them do anymore expensive tests.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
It's not exactly the same but may be related. Arbie used to get a greenish colour discharge round his penis - the vet said it was  a hygiene problem - I had been telling him to stop licking himself - and apparently I was wrong - he should lick to clean himself properly and it was bacteria growing. Needless to say I let him lick as much as he likes now - and VOILA - no more green stuff!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts