Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our tasks last night was to put our dog at a down-stay and walk about 25 ft. away. Our trainer then skipped past them talking to them in a high pitched voice luring them to break their stay. Well, with the help of some Omaha Steak Weiners, Lucy did not take her eyes off of me...She was the only one to perform this task without breaking. That's my girl!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great job!  We also worked on the down stay last night, but no distractions, other than the other puppies.  She did great at that, now if only she could learn the leash walking the same way.  Training is def an experience for the both of us.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
WTG Lucy.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Great job Lucy!  :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone - it is very sad because we went last mostly due to the fact that I was convinced she would do poorly on this task...sometimes I think she is ADD...ha ha. Now, I feel bad that I didn't have the confidence in her that I should have. She did, however, growl and lunge at two other dogs last night so we are still working on that  :roll: Trainer said I should not acknowledge that behavior at all and should just walk away from the area. I have a bad habit of telling her "no,ma'am" and the trainer said that she is still getting attention when I do that regardless of whether it is good or bad so we should not even acknowledge her bad behavior. Sounds twisted to me, I sure hope she is right on this - I don't want an aggressive dog!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, such a good girl Lucy  :)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
wtg Lucy! :D
I always tell Henry "no" when he does something wrong.  I'm not sure I agree w/trainer on that one. :eh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts