Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now on day 5 of normal stools for Lucy. She goes in tomorrow for another Giardia test. Keep your fingers (and paws) crossed that it is negative. I know Sharon said that it only shows positive if they are shedding the cysts (I think). Does anyone know how often to retest once they are negative?
Oh, thanks Burning River for the tip on the Dogzyme. I ordered that and started it today.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hoping that the test comes back with some good results

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Everything crossed here for ya!  :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
You would test annually with your shots unless you are having a problem.....Generally the only way I treat it is with the panacur followed with metronidazole and it works that way better then just the metro's by itself....So I would be willing to be she is good to go......:)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Great news, hope the tests come out negative.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeaaaah! The test was negative and she actually gained 2 lbs in a week. I am so happy to have two healthy babies. I found this company here in Houston called Scoop le Poop. They are coming first thing Monday morning to disinfect my yard.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That's wonderful News!!  :D  Oh, and the Scoop le Poop gave me quite a chuckle!  :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad everything turned out well, way to go!!!!!

Scott

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all- I didn't think she acted like she was feeling bad but I can really see a change in her energy level - I honestly didn't think it was possible for her to have more energy but I can actually tell a difference - geez, she is a wild one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts