Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a man that lives below me who I had never met before this moment in time. He was walking in from work and I was out telling tucker to potty with another neighbor and her little sheltie... Well this man goes "awwww how cute! what breed is he!" (and again this is the first time ive ever even seen the guy...) so I say "aw thanks, yea he's a boxer" then to my surprise his comment was "ooooooooh so you're going to be ugly when you grow up eh!" and walked away... 8O

Im thinking "yes thats why I bought the dog, because he was going to be ugly when he grows up?"... Im also thinking "and your name is.....?"

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Re: you all wont believe the comment I got on tuck the other

omg !!!!!!!!!!! hahahha what an idiot !!! when you see him again say  "awww look Tuck its the guy that grew up to be ugly " when he corrects you jsut say " oooooo i thought you said you were mad b/c you grew up to be so ugly"  and walk away hahaha

·
Registered
893 Posts

My neighbor also thinks that boxers are ugly. When I got Ekim 5 years ago, she said she couldn't believe that I got such an ugly dog. When I told her I was getting a puppy she said Oh is it going to be a pretty dog like our Ekim. See, to know a boxer is to love one.  Personally, I think boxers are a beautiful, regal breed.

Now how can anyone say these faces are ugly?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

I must admit... I told hubby before that Odin is going to be super cute till he hits 5 or 7... then he's gonna get ugly. LOL I know how mean huh!?? I honestly did think seniors were 'blah' but I have since changed my mind... they've grown on me... and like for example.. Samson!!? What a HANDSOME gentleman he is!! I don't know what I was thinking... maybe I just had to get to know or own the breed first!??

Sorry everyone that I ONCE felt that way... I'm being honest though! AND definitely don't feel that way anymore... seniors ROCK! lol

That is a horrible thing for a stranger to say though... anyone really. I mean I was allowed to about my own dog but even then it's pretty rude. I agree with Ky... tell him that! lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

I can see what the guy is saying in a weird way because it isnt the typical "pretty face" people think of like some bichon or poodle or whatever that are considered the "pretty" breeds. I think people tend to think boxers mastiffs bulldogs etc have ugly faces but in some twisted strange way they are so ugly theyre so cute. I guess the droopy lips and perception that they slobber make some people think of them as ugly and some people do say its a face only a mother could love....I dont care what people think i think Maverick is so beautiful as well as all the other boxers on this form....may be a face only a mother could love but all us boxer moms and dads are doing just fine loving them lol. Maybe he thought it was a funny comment and not offensive..strange man it seems.

·
Registered
839 Posts

OMG!!! You should have said, " He's not going to be ugly, but you'll always be ignorant!!!!" What an idiot! Tucker is a beautiful dog!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

I understand where he's coming from though. Like my in-laws bulldogs..When I first met them I thought they were the ugliest dogs on the planet. but they grew on me. With Diesel, every time I walk past him and he looks up at me I cant help but kiss his gorgeous mug. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
278 Posts

LOL..I just have to laugh at this because this is what my father in law told us when we got Jaxon.."he may be cute now, but man do they get UGLY!"  I just laugh it off and say yeah whatever.  I have a beautiful shetland sheepdog.  Yes, she's gorgeous.  She's also very VERY furry.  I think boxers are a handsome breed.  Male or female, they are an awesome looking dog.  That's my own opinion.  Anyone who thinks they're ugly, cute, pretty, handsome, or whatever can think whatever they want...I love my litttle man!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Or as Marq says "a face only a mother could love".... :lol: What an idiotic rude thing for someone to say, how insulting...Yea, i take it personal, I guess you can tell, huh? I'd use one of Ky's comments if you see him again....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

[quote="BxrLv22\";p=\"61150":3a7k7ys6]So there is a man that lives below me who I had never met before this moment in time. He was walking in from work and I was out telling tucker to potty with another neighbor and her little sheltie... Well this man goes "awwww how cute! what breed is he!" (and again this is the first time ive ever even seen the guy...) so I say "aw thanks, yea he's a boxer" then to my surprise his comment was "ooooooooh so you're going to be ugly when you grow up eh!" and walked away... 8O

Im thinking "yes thats why I bought the dog, because he was going to be ugly when he grows up?"... Im also thinking "and your name is.....?"

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

I am like Willow, I would take it personally if someone said Kiah was ugly or going to be ugly; it would hurt terribly.  I look at Kiah and I think how beautiful she is, its hard to imagine that everyone wouldn't think the same.  Then I look at the other boxers on the forum and think what an amazing group of boxers we have.  I was in heaven at the boxer bash in October.  I don't think all dogs are cute but would never say that to the owner; to each their own.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

sorry but boxers are beautiful dogs when they grow up. Look at all of these gorgeous boxers on this forum....NOT ONE is even remotely ugly. They are all gorgeous in their own way. People at petsmart always say when me and Chancd walk by "wow that is the ugliest pit bull i have ever seen" Talk about ignorant!! Must not have seen many pits to think Chance is one. Even my hubby who is a dog breed dummy knows a pit and a boxer when he sees them. People are stupid...dont let it get to you. Your baby is beautiful and will be just as beautiful when he grows up!!

·
Registered
105 Posts

Walk uop to him and kick him in the privates, and tell him that one is from Rich in Texas.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
219 Posts

i have to say i was at the flea market this weekend and stopped to look at the poor boxers in all the small cages and some guy stopped by and looked at me and said those dogs rock when they are small but get ugly when they are older
i smiled and said i think "MY" boxer is beautiful.. he said oH you have one of those? i said yes .. he said well they are ugly

Brian looked at him and said.. whats your excuse? they man said excuse me? brian said im sure you were cute when you were small.. and your no dog so whats your excuse for getting ugly?

people are soo freaking rude

·
Registered
462 Posts

My grandpa used to say that Zoie was so ugly she was cute.... :roll:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

Well he is a tard! boxers are the best looking breed...imo...but i could be biased... :wink: To me the "pretty" breeds arent that great. Bichon and poodles and all those...ugh...but every dog breed has a person out there who loves them.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Aww, poor tuck.  I have a friend and a family member who think Delilah is ugly, but they haven't spent much time with her either.
There is a lady at the dog park that has a way with backhanded compliments.  A cute shar pei puppy came in and we were talking about shar pei's.  Personally I don't think they are attractive as adults, and apparently this lady didn't either b/c she goes up to the owner and says.  "My, they are so cute until they grow up"

Bah!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Brandi\";p=\"61243 said:
Brian looked at him and said.. whats your excuse? they man said excuse me? brian said im sure you were cute when you were small.. and your no dog so whats your excuse for getting ugly?

people are soo freaking rude
LOL!!! what did he say back! that is the best response!

Trust me I would have loved to say something like this to him... but he is my neighbor and I did just move in.

Yea I couldnt believe he said that either... And I love the kicking him in the privates comment as well ;)

I dont know, I think I love the boxer breed because they (to me) most resemble a horse with their structure and hair... I absolutely LOVE the breed and think they only get cuter as they grow... I dont know what is going on in this guys head--- but yea he is definitely ignorant!... either that or he just does not really know how to communicate with others.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

he probably thought it was a funny or "cute" comment that wouldnt be taken seriously...bad communication as you said. I know the comments can be hurtful but to be honest i think people like that are funny because theyre so stupid you just look at the person shocked and are like.."did you REALLY just say that?!?!"

·
Registered
220 Posts

I get comments on Tyson that he is ugly(disposition wise) because he is a brindle.  I also get comments and questions from parents like "Does he bite?" and I usually reply "Well he hasn't in the last 15 minutes."  They usually just walk away.

Scott

1 - 20 of 36 Posts