Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to petland to find some food for Kaci and of course I went to look at the puppies. I first came across this dog and thought...OMG, they didn't...

I shook my head, but kept walking, looking at the puppies. I came accross this CUTIE next..

I wanted to F'ing cry when I saw him in that little cage having to lay on metal grates. I asked the people to get him out for me so that he could get some lovin and play a little. He was SOOOOOOOOO sweet and loving. I wanted to take him home/rescue him SO SO SO bad, but a) I didn't have the money and b) I couldn't handle THEEE boxers. I even asked if I could buy a soft bed for him to lay on, but I guess that was a no go. lol

*sorry for the really crappy little pictures, they are from my 3 year old cell phone.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Awe he is so cute and it's so sad that he wound up in a pet shop.  Poor baby!  I hope he gets adopted by some really great people.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some people think designer breads are just the coolest thing, personally I'm not a big fan.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww the poor little babies. Them having to lay on the metal bars just makes me want to cry. I would have wanted to buy them a bed. I am always sad when I walk around looking at pups at pet stores.

Oh and those "bogles" thats just weird. They don't look right to me...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is there a Law of animal welfare in the Unites States?
What does it say about the conditions for dog-puppies or cat-puppies in pet-shops?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
JayJay\";p=\"46221 said:
Is there a Law of animal welfare in the Unites States?
What does it say about the conditions for dog-puppies or cat-puppies in pet-shops?
This is the most current thing i have on laws by state. It really is not that great but it does indicate to report "unkept" areas.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
RainBosmom\";p=\"46139 said:
Why would a person want to do that?
Simply Money!  :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
First let me say I don't want to offend anyone, but I personally hope nobody adopts or buys either of them.  Let me tell you why.  We think that we are "saving" one of them, but all we are doing is creating more of a demand for puppy mills and backyard breeders.  

I care so much about the breed and find it hard to say, but this is the only way to stop pet stores/puppy mills/backyard breeders from ruining the breed.

Scott

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="tysonsdad\";p=\"46231":1mr7tdsx]First let me say I don't want to offend anyone, but I personally hope nobody adopts or buys either of them.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It is very hard to resist that cute lil puppy in the window, but if we keep buying them, we are supporting the puppy mills and backyard breeders everywhere.
Absolutely right.  Even buying food/supplies from a shop that sells puppies and kittens is supporting the business; I won't even go into those stores (unless I want to lament loudly about the poor breeding that produced the puppies ;) ).  

The US Animal Welfare Act is here:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/legislat/usdaleg1.htm

It does not apply to retail pet stores, which are businesses and so addressed on the state level, but it does apply to commercial breeding facilities, and to brokers/transporters.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The Petsmart here in Omaha doesn't sell dogs or cats from mills.  They get the cats from the Humane Society and then once a week or maybe a month I'm not sure, the Humane Society brings in the dogs and puppies they have to sell/adopt.  We got two cats from Petsmart and I didn't mind because they were from the humane society.  There is a pet store in town that sells animals and I don't know where they come from I won't buy from there.  

I went to buy food from Petsmart one day and they had the Humane society there with some dogs and puppys I would have taken them all if I could.  Especially this one puppy, he really wanted me to take him, he would cry when I walked away, it broke my heart.  He was cute though so I'm sure someone took him.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
[quote="tysonsdad\";p=\"46231":tpldgf6e]First let me say I don't want to offend anyone, but I personally hope nobody adopts or buys either of them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yup, thats why I always get my dogs from friends or directly from the breeders. In fact, I will probably never own anything other than boxers from now on, Patch is just an incredible dog and he is only 5 months old.

G

·
0 Posts
But...if someone doesn't buy them...they will be put down or left to die...as much as we disagree with BYB and puppy mills...those puppies did not ask to come into this world...but the are here...they don't deserve the treatment that they get...but they get it...if someone isn't there to love them....then no good at all will come from those places...I feel that all dogs (unless viscious) deserve a loving home...no matter where they came from...that puppy is no more or less worthy of love than the $2000 show boxers...just because of irresponsible breeding...if we turned our nose up at any BYB'ed or puppy mill bred pup...I'd hate to see how many puppies would be put down...that's just my opinion...they are here...someone has to love them

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
This is just insane! i agree that they look ill-proportioned. We dont have any "pet stores" in my area other than the store that sell Aquarium stores that sell the special salt water fish and stuff. When you see a dog for sell in our petstores it is through a rescue group that has set up an adoption even for the day. The one store we DID have shut down years ago!! Thank god! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts