Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,693 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"46361 said:
But...if someone doesn't buy them...they will be put down or left to die...as much as we disagree with BYB and puppy mills...those puppies did not ask to come into this world...but the are here...they don't deserve the treatment that they get...but they get it...if someone isn't there to love them....then no good at all will come from those places...I feel that all dogs (unless viscious) deserve a loving home...no matter where they came from...that puppy is no more or less worthy of love than the $2000 show boxers...just because of irresponsible breeding...if we turned our nose up at any BYB'ed or puppy mill bred pup...I'd hate to see how many puppies would be put down...that's just my opinion...they are here...someone has to love them
Its a double edge sword.

You want them adopted so they arent in danger of being killed... But if you adopt them youre just feeding the BYB fire! ... a vicious cycle!

· Registered
1,471 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"46361 said:
But...if someone doesn't buy them...they will be put down or left to die...as much as we disagree with BYB and puppy mills...those puppies did not ask to come into this world...but the are here...they don't deserve the treatment that they get...but they get it...if someone isn't there to love them....then no good at all will come from those places...I feel that all dogs (unless viscious) deserve a loving home...no matter where they came from...that puppy is no more or less worthy of love than the $2000 show boxers...just because of irresponsible breeding...if we turned our nose up at any BYB'ed or puppy mill bred pup...I'd hate to see how many puppies would be put down...that's just my opinion...they are here...someone has to love them
I do agree.  But on the other side of things, if people stop buying from these stores, they will have to go out of business sooner or later.

My parents have a dog (got as a gift) that came from a petstore (actually it's a chain pet store).  And he is crazy! Literally.  His birth certificate says he is a certain breed, but he is clearly not what is stated.  He only gets along with us close family memebers (those that grew up with him).  My parents actually got a trainer when he was younger, and he bit her, and she told them to put him to sleep.  My parents couldn't do that.  He is great to those he likes, and he is spoiled by my parents.  He is still around, but can not be around people at all.  I honestly think this has to do with him being from a puppy mill and the fact that he is inbred.  It's sad.  I believe that is he came from a reputable breeder, he would be a much better pet.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.