Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant remember if I told you guys. But i took Zeus to the park with me walking him and Lauren ( my gf) walking Dante, And a group of women looked at Zeus and started saying bad things about him saying that he is a mean dog and and bad dog. I looked over and tried to ignore them but they kept on. Zeus was being fine and not being aggressive at all and tehy were saying this because he was a boxer. It made me very upset and so when i was walking back to the car they were coming up the sidewalk which i usually take the dogs off to be courteous, I said screw it and stayed on the walkway. The women looked at me in frustration but i didnt care smiled sarcastically and carried on while they had to steer a different direction. And then i take the boys to Wendys and the guy at the window asked if he was a Japanese Pug. :evil:  What kind of crap is that? I looked at him and was like he is a full breed Boxer. And he said that he looks like his pug almost. :lol: Sorry i had to say something because of stupid people

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've never heard anyone confuse a boxer and a pug, I don't even know how to respond to that. As for the women's comments again just plain ignorance. It's amazing that stupid people are able to function at all, the worst part is they don't even know that they are idiot's. :twisted:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i know. Ive never heard anyone confuse a boxer for a pug either. It surprised me when he said that, i just felt my face drop. Yeah that is true about the idiots as well. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
[quote="Nexu\";p=\"11397":g8hoapy8]A lot of people are dumb in regards to dogs.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... I really don't think pitbulls look anything like boxers!! Umm though boxers CERTAINLY don't look ANYTHING LIKE PUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! HOW INSULTING!! PUG!?????

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i can see the pit-and why people confuse them. I am very confused about our neighbors dog. he swears it is a boxer, but her back legs bow out unlike a boxer and her nose is a little longer than a typical boxer-she looks pit to me. Not my dog so it really doesnt matter, she is gorgeous no matter what breed. that just blows my mind though on pug- that is WAY on the other side of the dog scale!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
If my bf's pitbull's nose was shorter, he'd look like a boxer.. But its the rude careless people that confuse the two and don't really care.. People irritate me about that... And NO WAY do I see Pug!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
you're lucky that the window attendant at wendy's was fluent enough in the english language to even ask you if he's a pug. I'm not sure where you're at, but here in Dallas, TX, I can order a number two with no tomatoes and when I pull up to the window and ask if he/she is getting me a number two with no tomatoes, I just get the generic smile and the up and down head nod and the "yeah" response.  one of the chief exports of some third world armpit of a county somewhere in the world is fast food help. I've never heard of a boxer being mistaken for a pug. sometimes when they're puppies they can resemble pit bulls, sometimes. maybe the timer was going off for the french fries and he was distracted and said pug by accident. I hope so cause I wouldn't want anyone that dumb handling food being sold for human consumption--Rich

·
Registered
780 Posts
There are alot of people out there who have no clue what the different dog breeds are!  At our vet we always have people ask what breed our dogs are.  Some just don't know and alot of times they have thought they were pits.  A pug???  That is way out there!  Your Zeus is a very handsome boxer.  Those ladies needed a good ol' boxer kiss!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i am from Mesquite, Tx next to dallas and yeah they messed up on my food order with the tomatoes because i hate those as well. I tell all of you what it upset me so much that i almost could have let him go and eat the guy that said that to me. I took them to Jack in the Box  and the guy gave them some bacon strips and he knew exactly that Zeus is a boxer and gave the boys some bacon and then some extra bacon for what that other guy said. Thanks for the compliments. I can see some ressemblance between boxers and pits but i havent ever mistaken one from the other though.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"11447 said:
whats a Japanese pug? lol

surprised nobody else brought up that little fact. =P
YOU STOLE MY LINE! LOL!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
According to AKC there is no Japanese Pug. there is a Japanese Chin OR a Pug.

And i am in Fort Worth and i know how you feel about the food and people serving!! Maybe it is just Texas!!  :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Chloesmom\";p=\"11470":1pwih1hc]And i am in Fort Worth and i know how you feel about the food and people serving!! Maybe it is just Texas!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I didn't give any thought to the "Japanese pug" part because I have never had anyone confuse a pug and a boxer. A pitbull maybe, I once had a neighbor ask if my 1st boxer was a bulldog, but never a friggin pug. That's just insulting, sorry pug owners. :roll:

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's not even just the US - I think it's a rule for the food service industry worldwide that they can only employ non-nationals.  In fact, I just witnessed a very entertaining (to me!) exchange regarding the contents of a pie in the deli across the road.

It does make me wonder, though, whether there are a load of confused Irish, Brits and Americans annoying customers in restaurants and delis in India and China and the like...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
O dear lol We have bad food service here in new york! lol We actually stopped at wendys last night lol (it was me, hubbys sis and my daughter and son) Ok yeah we ordered,hubbys sis and i, ordered there chicken sandwich and we go to the first window and pay then pull up to the next and wait there for freagin 20 minutes! Then they send this woman to the window that couldnt speak a word of english to tell us they dont have any original chicken only spicy but Im not kidding out of everything she said I could only understand spicy lol So another guys comes and is like do you want something else Im like yeah i guess ill take chicken nuggets so thats what we winded up getting!!!!!!

After that ordeal was over he gave us our food and expected us to drive away lol Im like wait a minute isnt the chicken nugget meal cheaper?? He said yes do you want to order something extra?!?!?! I was like is this guy serious lol So I answered with one of those NO I WANT MY FREAGIN MONEY BACK lol He gave us nearly $3 back and I wasnt about to give it to him for their lowzy service!

Ok I went off topic lol Back on now

I can see how some people mix boxers and pits! I mean if you take a very  very very BADLY bred boxer you have something that kinda looks like a pit! Longer nose maybe shorter then what they are suppose too! NEVER A PUG!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've only had one comfrontation and my temper got the best of me.  It happened at PetSmart and it was a women they had brought in to do a seminar.  Charlie was about 5 months old and I had him on a leash.  As I rounded the corner another person was doing the same with there dog.  Charlie sat there and looked at the other dog and minded his own business.  I guess she decided to speak up in front of a crowd and tell me that I shouldn't let me dog that close to other animals.  Well the crowd that morning got an earfull and I was up in her face telling her exactly how I felt.  My wife came and got me and begged me to leave before I got into a fight.  I still think about that day!  If I had controlled myself I probably could have stated my opinion/proved a point and left but I don't respond well to people that call me out for no reason.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well I guess bad service at fast food places is everywhere!! Lol..Having said that, I've also had just the opposite happen to me a few times, so I guess you take the good with the bad....

The women were ignorant fools, plain & simple..I have never had anyone come out & say something like that to me, yet, but they would get an earful if they did....A PUG? Good lord....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts