Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i went to get the dogs neutered yesterday, everyone got done except Zeus. I had them test him for heartworm and he came back positive and with a heart murmur. :(  :cry: . This hurt me pretty bad. I had  a bad feeling because he started looking thin to me. And that was the news i got from the vet. So i am going to have to come up with the extra money for a very expensive treatment and that is going to be hard with a newborn.

for the good news Dean is now 1 month old and 10 lbs 3oz and very healthy. right now he is a little fussy while i type this. here are some pics of him, and i hope everyone is doing well and your fur babies.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Dean is just so cute and growing so quickly.  Sorry to hear about Zeus, hope the treatments don't take a long time.

G

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear about zeus.  was he on HW preventative?   HW's are really bad in ok/tx with the mosquito problem.

is the expense from the length of treatment?  i know with rescues that have a mild HW reading, they treat them a few times with immervectin and as far as i know they are ok.

i didn't realize the treatment was still expensive.  i know years ago it was.

hope the treatment goes well and he's ok.  he's a cutie.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Look at that sweet baby boy! :D

Sorry about Zeus! :(   We adopted a dog several years ago with heart worms.  If I remember correctly, it was like $400 - 500 to get rid of them, mainly because of the meds.  But they worked and he ran off to the neighbors just as soon as he could! :lol:   Oh well, at least he's still healthy and happy.

Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Glad to hear Dean is doing well and sorry to hear about Zeus.......It always makes me wonder when someone mentions the heartworm treatment is expensive.  If I could get some more info from you I may have some other suggestions that you could talk to your vet about.  It should not be expensive to treat these days....

So.....How old is Zeus?  Is he still feeling good? Still eating good?  Showing any signs of being sick other then coughing?  What is his weight?  What type of treatment were they going to use?

There are many options for treating heartworms these days....there use to be only one!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Dean looks so precious!!
So sorry to hear about Zeus...hopefully you can find out some less expensive treatment options with Sharon!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, look at the little guy, He's soo cute!! Sorry to hear about Zeus, I've never had to deal with this, so I'm not much help, but hoping he gets better soon....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww...Dean is so cute! I'm happy to hear he is doing well!

Sorry to hear about Zeus. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thanks everyone for your concerns and thanks for compliments on Dean. Well the only symptoms are that Zeus looks a little thin, and Sharon he isnt coughing at all. And the heart murmur but i will find more about that on March 25th when i take him back in to get more info. i called the SPCA for the appointment because they are only going to charge me $300 for treatment compared to my vets cost about $500.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
wow what a handsome little boy you have there !!! CONGRATS !!!

im so sorry about Zues..i hope things work out sounds like it might...we love you, Sharon !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts