Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie has been getting what I can only describe as "zits" on her snout lately. She had a bad one about a month ago and the vet said it was normal and it didn't smell or anything and only if it got bigger bring her back. She now has 3 on her snout...Are there any preventative steps we can take to make sure she doesn't get them as often? Do your babies get them often?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Haven't run into this problem yet, but I've heard others on here who've had success using Oxy pads for people. Maybe someone who's tried them (or Sharon) can chime in with more ideas. :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Rocky has been getting "zits" too.  I just leave them alone and they go away.  His are under the chin and around his mouth.  Oxy pads thats a good idea.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Oxy pads are what I have heard too, I believe that is what Sharon has suggested.

·
Registered
397 Posts
you can try witch hazel to help dry them out. Also make sure you clean their food/water bowls well and dry their face after they drink- seems to help.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I'll try the Oxy pads :) Oh the teenage years and all that comes along with them...zits and all! LOL

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis gets them too..oxy pads and weve also used the unscented baby wipes..keep wiping her face and mouth...:D

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="Rocky07\";p=\"118909":wgfvqgsp]Rocky has been getting "zits" too.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I use Proactive on Bibby! He has REALLY bad ones when he's been chewing on toys for a long time...we call him "Zitty McGee". It works! (Now, don't think I ordered it just for him--I have a teenager in the house! LOL!!  :lol: )

·
Registered
255 Posts
Our vet told us Boxers get zits mainly around their chins because they tend to slobber more... lol.  He recommended the oxy pads too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts