Ready to add another boxer to the family - Page 3 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > Introductions > Welcome to Boxer Forums

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2020, 09:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
TigerWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 29
Default

My girls started fighting after being together for about 6-7 months we HAD to keep them apart from that point on. We had 2 males at the time to and they were 3 yrs apart and had zero issues with them.
TigerWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2020, 10:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerWalk View Post
My girls started fighting after being together for about 6-7 months we HAD to keep them apart from that point on. We had 2 males at the time to and they were 3 yrs apart and had zero issues with them.
Is that still the status quo?? What is your Boxer configuration now???
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK Over Size Wl GSD 2007-2017
chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
shaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 73
Default

I have 2 females and no issues at all
Attached Thumbnails
Ready to add another boxer to the family-20200128_131748_1580239672184.jpg  
shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz View Post
I have 2 females and no issues at all
How old are they?? How long have you had them together???
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK Over Size Wl GSD 2007-2017
chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Luvmiboxers@6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 293
Default

I let my female boxer play with a friends older female boxer and they do very well together playing nicely and having fun. (But they don't live together) so maybe that's the thing.
Luvmiboxers@6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 4,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I let my female boxer play with a friends older female boxer and they do very well together playing nicely and having fun. (But they don't live together) so maybe that's the thing.
Yep ... it's the "living together thing that "Can be," the issue!

I have not dealt with two Boxer, girl's ... but my pack fighting Over Size WL GSD, that sent me to the ER behind one of five pack fight's with Gunther (housemate) was most certainly a dog that ... well JQP, would tend to "thing???" Would have an other dog issue??

But if Rocky "said," this dog is good! Then one could rest assured that, the given dog had no DA issue's?? Most likely a trainer had a WL GSD to help with my Gunther way back in the day??? Gunther was "just," a Dominate Male dog he said. And as such he could be a "PIA," around other dog's?? But not unmanageable, if you know what to do and I did. But live and learn and I understand Boxer's and APBT! And combo's thereof.

And while a APBT/Boxer is not a Boxer?? Trust me on this ... more than enough Boxer, breed "characteristic" are there! But is female/female aggression one of them also?? I don't know??? I got time ... I did not get my next Female Boxer, last year.

But I got time and I need more than sheer dumb luck to convince me, that it can work out OK (two female Boxer's, living together) ... in the long run??? I have ... "Zero," interest in a "Lifetime of Crate and Rotate??? If I have to. I could deal with it ...if I found a (a stray on the street, say) ... but it's not a situation ... I would sign up for??

But hey I'm open?? I just need someone to "convince me??" That there particular multi female Boxer, living together in harmony is more than dumb luck?? And more than three years together would be helpful!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK Over Size Wl GSD 2007-2017
chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
bxrbgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 49th state
Posts: 117
Default

I have had two female boxers in my house since 09. And up to 3 female dogs in the house at the same time. We had the most trouble between an Australian Shepherd and Boxer. (mostly over food but both strong willed working dogs)
For me the key thing is to form a pack mentality where they learn each others strengths. We do that by long adventure walks with leash time where they're close together coupled with free run time in fields where it's safe to run and play. They learn respect and cooperation.
They need close supervision. They need to see that each one is important to the pack leader. (so to speak)
I don't advise it for everyone, just sayin, it can be done with the right guidance and never let disagreements get out of hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Ready to add another boxer to the family-img_3321.jpg   Ready to add another boxer to the family-img_3240.jpg  

Last edited by bxrbgood; 02-03-2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Add pix
bxrbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Luvmiboxers@6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrbgood View Post
I have had two female boxers in my house since 09. And up to 3 female dogs in the house at the same time. We had the most trouble between an Australian Shepherd and Boxer. (mostly over food but both strong willed working dogs)
For me the key thing is to form a pack mentality where they learn each others strengths. We do that by long adventure walks with leash time where they're close together coupled with free run time in fields where it's safe to run and play. They learn respect and cooperation.
They need close supervision. They need to see that each one is important to the pack leader. (so to speak)
I don't advise it for everyone, just sayin, it can be done with the right guidance and never let disagreements get out of hand.
I agree with that 100% dogs need to know who is the alpha (that being you) and that tends to put a lot of disagreements to rest I don't allow food aggression in my house either. I have always had male/female boxers in my house at the same time but issues can arise there too. I do the same with my dogs we do one "open field" run a day and then one leash walk a day they get at almost 4 miles a day exercise and it gives them bonding time with me. I don't think multi dogs households are for everyone and it depends on the temperaments of the dogs too some dogs are just more alpha than others so it requires a lot more work with them.
Luvmiboxers@6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
bxrbgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 49th state
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I agree with that 100% dogs need to know who is the alpha (that being you) and that tends to put a lot of disagreements to rest I don't allow food aggression in my house either. I have always had male/female boxers in my house at the same time but issues can arise there too. I do the same with my dogs we do one "open field" run a day and then one leash walk a day they get at almost 4 miles a day exercise and it gives them bonding time with me. I don't think multi dogs households are for everyone and it depends on the temperaments of the dogs too some dogs are just more alpha than others so it requires a lot more work with them.
Yes they are all a little different. We got our male Diesel when he was about 1 1/2 years old. He was a street dog who got picked up by animal control in a nearby town. Diezel ended up on death row there as he was brought back a few times by prospective adoptees who couldn't handle him. He was then picked up by a rescue outfit in town here. They kept him for a couple months and had him brought back a few times also. He had a rough time in the stinky rescue place. He was in a cell with a Pit bull who would not let him eat and would appropriate his food.
With a little fast talking I was able to get him out. He's been a lot of work. He has tried to bully one of our females a few times. The other female took him under her wing right off the bat. We've had him 6 years and he has turned out to be awesome. We know his triggers and limitations. He trusts us. His life is good now.

Here's a pic of his first day home.
Attached Thumbnails
Ready to add another boxer to the family-diezel-9-21-13-so-sad-c-small-.jpg  
bxrbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Luvmiboxers@6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 293
Default

I am so glad you got him and gave him a chance at a normal life. It is so sad when people get these dogs and mishandle them or don't teach them anything and that makes it hard when they ultimately discard them for them to find another home but you did a wonderful thing for him! We live in a "throw away" society unfortunately animals so often are "thrown away" its people like you that make such a big difference so thanks for caring! He is a cute boy I am sure he looks better in body weight now.
Luvmiboxers@6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum